Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

I see Ferrari and Bruyneel could face criminal charges in Italy and Belguim.

Hmm, somebody mentioned in an earlier post that its still "business as usual" with Bruyneel and Ferrari, but my understanding is Bruyneel is has taken leave of absence from RSN until the completion of his arbitration case, (maybe forced maybe voluntary I dont know) and Ferrari is certainly under all sorts of investigations as well as also receiving a lifetime ban from any involvement with athletes, so its really not just carrying on as normal for everyone else except LA, the investigation has bitten deep and many people are feeling a lot of heat, if not finding their livelihoods threatened or facing jail time.

I personally cant feel sorry for Armstrong, he is not a stupid man, he must have woken up some nights and said "What if.......?" he knew what he was doing was wrong, he knew the risks, he knew if he was caught what the repercussions would be, he knew he was dragging others into his world, he knew he was risking everything by his actions, yet he persisted. That says to me he never felt any guilt or remorse, in fact he continued with his subterfuge on his return to the sport when he said he was riding for cancer.

No sorry, his actions are not one of someone pushed into a situation with no alternatives, he had choices, he chose not to take them, that to me are the actions of somebody who believes they are above the law, they will never get caught, in other words he gambled and he lost, now he must pay the piper.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well - then they shouldve done this while he was still racing! obviously someone wasnt doing there job back then - right is right and wrong is wrong - agree! but still, if you do something wrong now, you cant be punished after 55 years from now, you should be punished now!

They tried but the incompetence of the UCI and Armstrong's millions made a mockery of it. No matter how long it takes they should charge him and let him answer. His attitude of I'm taking my ball and not playing anymore seems cowardly.

They tried but the incompetence of the UCI and Armstrong's millions made a mockery of it. No matter how long it takes they should charge him and let him answer. His attitude of I'm taking my ball and not playing anymore seems cowardly.

Lance Armstrong’s legacy as cancer survivor turned seven-time winner of the Tour de France is in ruins after he was accused of drug-taking on a massive scale, and being the ringleader of the most sophisticated doping conspiracy in sporting history.

Edited by surferchickie

Lance Armstrong’s legacy as cancer survivor turned seven-time winner of the Tour de France is in ruins after he was accused of drug-taking on a massive scale, and being the ringleader of the most sophisticated doping conspiracy in sporting history.

Edited by surferchickie

matter of opinion - agree to dissagree - i believe in armstrong! my opinion.

Oh dear..............ok

My opinion, leave him alone. What is done is done. Why bother - hulle krap obviously waar dit nie jeuk nie - let bygones be bygones! seriously! they are acting up like old women with wet pants.... seriously!

I hear you, but you cant do that, you cant walk away as if nothing happened, there has to be a rule of law, there has to be a system to enforce that rule and there has to be a consequence for your actions, if not we will live in anarchy and every bank robber in the world will rejoice.

GROW UP.

I meant no offence. My brain merely made the connection. "leave him alone" and "leave Britney alone" are somewhat similar. If I could delete Chris Crocker from my mind, I would.

Although a Lance Armstrong version would be funny :)

Edited by Goobacks

Read the thread Billy-Ray.

And go like the song I posted for you in song of the day....

I can't at work, doh. Stupid block. So much reading, was hoping someone could answer my two questions.

well - then they shouldve done this while he was still racing! obviously someone wasnt doing there job back then - right is right and wrong is wrong - agree! but still, if you do something wrong now, you cant be punished after 55 years from now, you should be punished now!

So if they find some rapist after 16 years he should not be charged??

A summary - Feel free to add or subtract

1) I think there is enough proof that Lance is a lying, bribing, threatening, cheating ex great athlete

2)The UCI knew about the doping but were bribed or threatened into not revealing it :cursing:

3)USADA-- Good on you for having the guts to pursue this when the UCI obviously was not too interested :thumbup:

4)Lance made millions by cheating his way to the top and deprived other good athletes of a possible tour win or money.

5)Chris Carmichael with your groot boepens and your salt free low fat diet --Go screw yourself !

BRING ON THE DRUGS!

I meant no offence. My brain merely made the connection. "leave him alone" and "leave Britney alone" are somewhat similar. If I could delete Chris Crocker from my mind, I would.

Although a Lance Armstrong version would be funny :)

apology accepted - and yes, I can see where you are going - it would be funny :whistling:

So if they find some rapist after 16 years he should not be charged??

REALLY?????????? SERIOUSLY? not going down your path.

I hear you, but you cant do that, you cant walk away as if nothing happened, there has to be a rule of law, there has to be a system to enforce that rule and there has to be a consequence for your actions, if not we will live in anarchy and every bank robber in the world will rejoice.

agreed. you make a damn good point.

A summary - Feel free to add or subtract

1) I think there is enough proof that Lance is a lying, bribing, threatening, cheating ex great athlete

2)The UCI knew about the doping but were bribed or threatened into not revealing it :cursing:

3)USADA-- Good on you for having the guts to pursue this when the UCI obviously was not too interested :thumbup:

4)Lance made millions by cheating his way to the top and deprived other good athletes of a possible tour win or money.

5)Chris Carmichael with your groot boepens and your salt free low fat diet --Go screw yourself !

BRING ON THE DRUGS!

+ Bruyneel