Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

So if the UCI and ASO honour their agreements and LA is stripped of his titles, what next? Does the top step of podium remain vacant? Will Jan Ulrich and the others who move up a step accept the promotion. I think the biggest FU would be if LA's peers didn't accept the promotion. They each know the truth about their own doping status and it would be hypocritical to accept that promotion.

Couple of pages back, there was a link to a story quoting Jan as being happy with his seconds.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a chirp earlier - " I have now achieved my lifelong ambition of having as many Tour de France wins as Lance Armstrong" -

Words fail me...

post-35168-0-05439500-1346054741.png

Could be seen in two ways.

Chris could very well be very sarcastic and nobody picks up on it and he made Robert's name tottie.

Or he could really be that thick.

I will go with my first option.

The celebratory tweets and smug self assuredness brazenly gracing the cork board walls of the internet has left a far more bitter taste in my mouth than the Lance decision ever could. There seems to be this idea that now cycling can finally move forward, we can start to heal. Heal from what? Move forward from what?

–Stratton

Couldn't have said it any better.

What I find super ironic is the two-faced smugness with which people are walking around.

Lance = biggest box ever.

Contador = Sweetheart and a great talent, so happy to have hime back.

As I said the mind boggles.

Just goes to show, that out of all the flesh carrying beings on this planet, I doubt that there is even a quarter one that can point a finger.

Edited by Dangle

Best 'never tested positive' rebuttal I've seen, nicely summarised

http://forum.cycling...16&postcount=10

http://www.steephill...812.mp3&yr=2012

Biggest problem I have with all of these positive test is that all the people who have been involved in this cover up should be prosecuted as well . Can you imagine the amount of people that would have to be " silenced " to keep a doping spectacle like this under wraps for such a long time ?

Biggest problem I have with all of these positive test is that all the people who have been involved in this cover up should be prosecuted as well . Can you imagine the amount of people that would have to be " silenced " to keep a doping spectacle like this under wraps for such a long time ?

lance isnt being prosecuted. this isnt a criminal trial. lance is being stripped by usada/wada. there isnt much they can do about lab helpers / people who cancelled raids / lance's minions

Couldn't have said it any better.

What I find super ironic is the two-faced smugness with which people are walking around.

Lance = biggest box ever.

Contador = Sweetheart and a great talent, so happy to have hime back.

As I said the mind boggles.

Just goes to show, that out of all the flesh carrying beings on this planet, I doubt that there is even a quarter one that can point a finger.

while doping is the core problem, people get pissed with lance because of his tactics. his blackmailing, his threatening, his strongarming. as much as you dislike anyone else in the pro peloton, none of them came close to using tactics like lance. We dont hate him purely for doping.... its everything that surrounds his doping that is the problem.

Guest Omega Man

while doping is the core problem, people get pissed with lance because of his tactics. his blackmailing, his threatening, his strongarming. as much as you dislike anyone else in the pro peloton, none of them came close to using tactics like lance. We dont hate him purely for doping.... its everything that surrounds his doping that is the problem.

And nothing makes a loser happier than to see a winner go down hey.

And nothing makes a sore, bitter loser happier than to see a winner go down hey.

fixed

EDIT: If somebody whoops my a$$, I'm not bitter about it. I want to get better so I can whoop his / hers in return, and get more skill / balls / courage or whatever.

This whole thing just smacks of one-upmanship.

Edited by cptmayhem

And nothing makes a loser happier than to see a winner go down hey.

the usual tactics from his disciples. call everyone losers. ask what they did for cancer. tell them they'll never get anywhere in life. etc etc

the moment you cant actually argue anything intelligent, you start getting personal

Edited by fandacious

Guest Omega Man

I just fail to see how this is good for anyone.

This has all of the makings of a witch hunt. Focused investigation, Unnamed witnesses, No physical evidence.

That is a fair comment, but I all say this, people are biased and become as you used the term "disciples"

The Lance followers will support him no matter what, those that hated him will dig up every little problem under the sun just so they can make him look worse.

For me it's simple, I am not a fan of his nor a hater, but I honestly admire his athletic ability.