Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Good point, what if LA was allowed to bring 20 witnesses testifying that saw him training to win and dont believe he doped?

Aggghh cant believe i'm getting sucked into this again

Tchuss

You just can't resist, can you!

Who's saying the "evidence" is just testimony?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is baffeling is then if he is indeed guily how he averted all the testing - in season and out? Even with a 20 mins heads up as some articles eluded to. Surely but surely over nearly two decades in the sport something more evident would have surfaced. The amout of people needed for this conspiracy is equal to that of Bush in his 911 cover up? :whistling: (for the Zietgeist followers)

What is baffeling is then if he is indeed guily how he averted all the testing - in season and out? Even with a 20 mins heads up as some articles eluded to. Surely but surely over nearly two decades in the sport something more evident would have surfaced. The amout of people needed for this conspiracy is equal to that of Bush in his 911 cover up? :whistling: (for the Zietgeist followers)

And don't forget, he's a big mate of Bush's...

Micro-dosing goes some way to explaining a lot of the evasion.

And don't forget, he's a big mate of Bush's...

Micro-dosing goes some way to explaining a lot of the evasion.

Maybe the used the same 'cover up crew'

If he was within the limits at the time then he was clean. The problem i have with the witness testimony is that are not experts, have no idea of what/when and how much Lance did. Could have been a placebo for all they know? Even eyewitness testominy should be linked to facts. ie. i saw lance used x transmission bag, yes the one you have in evidence?

Maybe the used the same 'cover up crew'

If he was within the limits at the time then he was clean. The problem i have with the witness testimony is that are not experts, have no idea of what/when and how much Lance did. Could have been a placebo for all they know? Even eyewitness testominy should be linked to facts. ie. i saw lance used x transmission bag, yes the one you have in evidence?

Hahahahahahaha! More conspiracy!

Yeah, I get what you're saying. The burden of proof for a doping agency isn't that high. And many other athletes, not necessarily cyclists, have been sanctioned without physical evidence. As many on both sides of this agument have said, it would be interesting to see what Usada does have on him. The testimony of former teammates and members is often touted, but I would hope that the Usada probe went further than that, and have complied some sort of paper trail, etc.

Hahahahahahaha! More conspiracy!

Yeah, I get what you're saying. The burden of proof for a doping agency isn't that high. And many other athletes, not necessarily cyclists, have been sanctioned without physical evidence. As many on both sides of this agument have said, it would be interesting to see what Usada does have on him. The testimony of former teammates and members is often touted, but I would hope that the Usada probe went further than that, and have complied some sort of paper trail, etc.

Exactly - its been touted as one of the biggest drugs scandal in sports history - let hope they have more than i saw him with a needle. (which is a theraputic technique as well). wrt other sports people - perhaps the sporting bodies allowed for it (no proof).

I read a very cool article about the biggest cheats in sports and this doesnt even touch the spanish olympic basketball team, who all pretended to be disabled to compete in the paraolympics ....

Exactly - its been touted as one of the biggest drugs scandal in sports history - let hope they have more than i saw him with a needle. (which is a theraputic technique as well). wrt other sports people - perhaps the sporting bodies allowed for it (no proof).

I read a very cool article about the biggest cheats in sports and this doesnt even touch the spanish olympic basketball team, who all pretended to be disabled to compete in the paraolympics ....

With regard the US sporting bodies, they still have to submit to Usada oversight in terms of doping.

From what I can understand, their investigation mirrors that of the withdrawn Fed probe, but doesn't use the same evidence gathered. Let's see. If Bruyneel carries through with arbitration, some of this may come out. Regardless, Tygart has said the evidence will be made public.

Never heard that story about the basketball team. Sounds interesting...

With regard the US sporting bodies, they still have to submit to Usada oversight in terms of doping.

From what I can understand, their investigation mirrors that of the withdrawn Fed probe, but doesn't use the same evidence gathered. Let's see. If Bruyneel carries through with arbitration, some of this may come out. Regardless, Tygart has said the evidence will be made public.

Never heard that story about the basketball team. Sounds interesting...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating_at_the_Paralympic_Games

Jeez, JGR, that's disgusting! Thanks for the link.

Just read thisss short blog from Vroomen: http://gerard.cc/201...-on-the-future/

Ill try find the article - i think it was from SI top 10 of everything. It had 9 other dodgy moves that are as equally low. My point being that he was still the best athlete at the time. In a level playing field with or without i think he still would have won.

Ultimately as much as machines we think we are and these athletes are, we all have an expiry date.

also - that little spanish bugger has more grand tour wins than lance. so you cant say you only admire lance for his skill. there are many others who have done far better than him.

except jens voight... he goes on forever

Edited by fandacious

also - that little spanish bugger has more grand tour wins than lance. so you cant say you only admire lance for his skill. there are many others who have done far better than him.

except jens voight... he goes on forever

Never said skill.

LA targeted the TDF, probably because it has always been the Meneer of races that even people (Americans etc....) not interested in cycling knew about. LIke the comrades marathon in SA everyone knows about it but who knows about the other much harder more prestigous ultra marathons?

Which is why i like to believe its feesible for a geneticaly talented athlete who trains seriously to not need to dope.

Add a whole season of racing to win onto your program and then it becomes a different story....

Just a theory