Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles

101SCC

Theres a lot of similarity between the paths landis and lance have chosen. Landis is just further down the path than lance is, but their methods are more or less the same

I agree, Lance is just a better sociopath than Landis. Floyd had a go, but his technique was amateur compared to LA

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Lance is just a better sociopath than Landis. Floyd had a go, but his technique was amateur compared to LA

He did have a rather weird upbringing. More removed from society that anti-social...

...and when you say it, is it, like, "Usada" or the U.S.A.D.A.?

It's 'you-sarda' - just ask the voice of cycling. also, Merckz was a clean rider who only tested positive because the mafia stitched him up. and Barloworld were a clean team. a drop more mescaline in your tea vicar?

Nice. To the point that comment is.

Let's make a list...how many was it? 10? 12?

US Postal? Probably closer to 50+

Disco, probably even more.

Pro teams that can win a TDF are big.

US Postal? Probably closer to 50+

Disco, probably even more.

Pro teams that can win a TDF are big.

No, nana, the peeps that 'you-sarda' spoke to...

No, nana, the peeps that 'you-sarda' spoke to...

Ya, probably everyone employed by the team. I don't think Trav went into this half-cocked.

Guest Omega Man

You can't just blame the media. Sure, the mainstream media is gonna focus on LA. Like, who the hell is Bruyneel, and, er , who were those other guys again...? But, the witch hunt angle is purely down to LA's PR machine working overtime. He was vocal in his opposition.

For sure. It's also down to me lapping the story up.

Edited by Omega Man

Why?

He served his ban, and I'm sure he's been tested plenty of times since his return.

What the problem is?

You're so perfect, that some guy shoplifts a loaf of bread, gets caught, serves his time, and then makes a contribution to society, except you'd rather he was hanged in the town square?

Not at all, I am a very flawed person. I just think if doping is such a big problem in the sport a lifetime ban is the best deterent. A guy stealing. Lof of bread does not make a mockery of the whole competition. Some chick in the Olympics lost out on her gold medal ceremony nd receives it in the post because of a doper. It's the effect the doper has on the other competitors thats the problem.

Are you blind?

Riis, Ullrich, Pantani, Millar, Festina, Landis, The Vanishing Twin, Heras, Rumsas, and so on. All of Lance's contemporaries. All admit and carry on.

The thing that leaves the bile taste in the mouth is Lance's attitude. His denial. The fact that a decade ago he could have come clean and kept five or even six tours with his head held high.

Now all he is a spineless sack.

I'm not clued up on all the guys that have been bust ( I believe only Riis admitted to doping?) but maybe you're missing my point. I think there must be a lot more people involved in doping than have been bust. I think LA has been pursued with greater zealousness because of the profile his bust gives to the doping campaign. I also hope they dont rest on their laurels and keep busting these guys.

Mate, I know this is a personal subject for you, but would it shift your perception if drugs he was allegedly taking contributed to the aggressive nature of his cancer?

If Lance got his cancer from the doping he still had to beat it irrespective of where it came from. Cancer doesnt care if you are a famous cyclist or bum on the street. Been reading up on some other famous people recently. McQueen, Marley, Jobs made fatal mistakes when battling the disease. Armstrong fought it with the same precision he prepared for his races. Albeit drugs too.

I honestly dont think his doping and cancer were related but my perception of doping is not the health risks but what it does to honest competition.

The poo in all of this for me is that he never turned in a positive dope test during his winning years. I do understand that the evidence nd witnesses are there but I am all for a fair trial and definite proof.

Edited by Dirtbreath

On Phil Liggit not knowing or avoiding the doping problem, the thing is if he puts negativity into the sport, hIs job is gone. On lifetime bans. Problem is, who wants to see riders riding 8 hours, or lame runners running 12 seconds for 100m and not breaking records. That is a bigger problem. Its the sponsors, they want people in the seats at the stadiums, so athletes can perform and sell their products. So not only Lance benefitted from doping, Oakly, Nike, Trek all have. What about them now that Lance lost his tour titles, they're still smiling. The problem isn't only the athlete.

@Dirtbreath, not sure you read the thread, I mentioned previously Marion Jones did not return a positive test either, and she admitted and was sent to jail. Everything you take in doping, you take with a mask, so that the test doesn't pick it up. Now the question begs, why don't they test for the mask? Its a very dfficult thing to control. But its time to go further than doping controls and focus on where it comes from, who supply etc etc. And look at sponsors supporing dirty athletes.