Scott Pro 29er - where to buy in Gauteng

madmarc

So i finally decided to go the 29er route and will be unloading a bit of weight off the CC. Can anyone reccomend where i would get a good deal beside Cajees.

I'm not looking for the whole aftersales service thing as i would rebuild the bike and do all my own service and maintenance, so it's about the price.

i'm looking for a Large without any upgrades just the standard bike as it comes out the box.

I have found Cycle House in PTA to be the cheapest most of the time. They are worth a look

The best customer service i've had so far at a lbs was with those guys.

A couple of months ago I was in Hatfield cycles looking at the Scott scale expert asked the guys to give me a cost of the bike if they swop the crappy brakes and slx shifters with xt.

They sommer charged 3k for the brakes excluding rotors

And 1400 for the shifters

And not a cent credit for the stuff taken off that I couldnt keep either.

Right there I got my "Gly" in Hatfield cycles.

I almost never buy anything (edit:expensive) without at least checking with Westdene Cycles. They usually give you a great quote off the phone. Even if you end up buying from your LBS, at least you know how much extra you're paying for the convenience.

011 477 5719

Edited by Zook

I almost never buy anything (edit:expensive) without at least checking with Westdene Cycles. They usually give you a great quote off the phone. Even if you end up buying from your LBS, at least you know how much extra you're paying for the convenience.

011 477 5719

I agree - NO ONE beats their prices

too bad the shop is in such a dodge area

I agree - NO ONE beats their prices

too bad the shop is in such a dodge area

I reckon part of the reason they can afford good prices is because they don't have to support a high rental in some expensive retail outlet, or Northern-Suburbs staff who want good pay. LBS, you're paying extra for convenience and to ensure the future existence of said convenience, so most of the time I do buy local, but expensive items I always check.

Thanks for all the feedback, contacted them all and no stock anywhere - haha you snooze you lose - so if anyone knows anyone who knows someone wanting to move a Sott Spark 29er PRO large - please sms me their details on 082 493 5793

I bought mine from Finishline cycles even though they are not my LBS - speak to Clint - gave me a better than best deal, and they are a great bunch of guys - pity they are so far away for me.