Zille: the old bird gets more cycling than I do.

Cippo

was there not a picture of our friend juju in cyclelab checking out bikes awhile ago? maybe all these e toll things will now be reopened as bicycle lanes.

I think he was supposed to be at Builders Warehouse buying a wheelbarrow....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What cycle down the road then jump in car around the corner like she did at Argus?

'lip service' to the cause i.m.h.o

c.f Mayor Boris in London. Not that I am Tory, but big up to him because he actually cycles to work.

she said before the time that she would not be doing the whole thing on her own steam - so no deception. what's the problem?

Ahh, an anti-DA chap are you?

And stop making up crap, yes she did switch to a tandem at doctor's order but I see no mention of a car:

Not necessarily anti DA, its just PR people that fundamentally irk me. Okay I exaggerated about her and the Argus, but if you are going to make a big press thing about you doing the Argus, then please do it. On your own. Its not really a big deal. Walk in the park for most active cyclists.

Great that CT has taken the lead in terms of cycle lanes, but its not just the DA. The man behind a lot of this is a former ANC comrade.

Anyway, here's my man Boris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emPJE8q8Gtk&feature=player_detailpage

Not necessarily anti DA, its just PR people that fundamentally irk me. Okay I exaggerated about her and the Argus, but if you are going to make a big press thing about you doing the Argus, then please do it. On your own. Its not really a big deal. Walk in the park for most active cyclists.

Great that CT has taken the lead in terms of cycle lanes, but its not just the DA. The man behind a lot of this is a former ANC comrade.

Anyway, here's my man Boris

there's your clue...

.....................a former ANC comrade.................

That surely can't be Tony Ehrenreigh of "racist cycle lanes" fame, or can it? So, who then, do we have to thank for our fabulous cycle lanes?

So, who then, do we have to thank for our fabulous cycle lanes?

Cant say he is solely responsible for the cycle lanes, but had a lot to do with it, and a lot of the developments in CT that are people and pedestrian friendly.

15+ years ago there was a lot of progressive whiteys involved in the ANC (like Andre Fiensteing and others) - got kinda sidelined as things panned out.

Edited by kosmonooit

What cycle down the road then jump in car around the corner like she did at Argus?

'lip service' to the cause i.m.h.o

c.f Mayor Boris in London. Not that I am Tory, but big up to him because he actually cycles to work.

Not at all hey. Started in Plet on Sunday and did half of the ride in the rain. Stopped outside Knysna to hand bikes over and then starts riding again even while its pouring down. Monday left George in the rain and did bulk of 55km in rain. Yesterday did 65km in total from and today another 50 or so. The ministers that are doing it as well have never really rode a bike and did proper training but they doing it. This is the first of more of these to come.

she said before the time that she would not be doing the whole thing on her own steam - so no deception. what's the problem?

Actually she is. Yesterday was 1st day she got on tandem a few kms from end.

The BT tour goes from Heidelberg to Hermanus today. A total of 60km will be covered. That road between Heidelberg and Riviersonderend is a rollercoaster that doesnt stop. Eina

She even got side-swiped by a funrider and managed to keep on the bike.

From the Argus she wasnt taken out it was just someone that went off their line and unsettle her.