Add your Noob Questions

The Ghost

I would also buy conti tubes with the removable valve core. Made life easier. But now... Tubes? What's that?

It's those things the okes make 'katties' out of

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This doesnt deserve a whole new thread... But firstly.. Who stocks Ghost in JHB.. And secondly.. What do you guys think of the AMR 7500?

This doesnt deserve a whole new thread... But firstly.. Who stocks Ghost in JHB.. And secondly.. What do you guys think of the AMR 7500?

Cycle Madness in Hurlingham, Cnr Republic & William Nicol.

I ride an AMR 7500 :clap:

This is how I arrived at my decision to buy it:

I had a tight budget

I wanted at least XT components

I wanted a Fox float with 140mm travel

Sealed brake cables

It was the only bike that met those criteria.

What do I think of the bike?

I really enjoy riding it :clap: and will probably only change it when i have enough money to go for a carbon frame.

I think that in terms of value for money it is fantastic. Its not for the weight conscious at 12.5kg's, but that was less important to me that the other criteria.

The rear suspension setup is fantastic.

The bike is easy to ride, but I did go for a shorter stem (down to 70mm) as I found the "cockpit" area to be too long for me (long top tube).

Dont have the time to find it now, but one Mag that reviewed it gave it a 10 out of 10 rating.

Forgive me if this has already been asked and addressed, 3x10 vs 2x10, I see a lot of AM bikes running the 2x10, the highest and lowest ratios are normally quite close to an equivalent 3x10. Can anyone tell me what the main purpose for eliminating one front chainwheel/sprocket, other than weight reduction.

I ride an AMR 7500 :clap:

This is how I arrived at my decision to buy it:

I had a tight budget

I wanted at least XT components

I wanted a Fox float with 140mm travel

Sealed brake cables

It was the only bike that met those criteria.

What do I think of the bike?

I really enjoy riding it :clap: and will probably only change it when i have enough money to go for a carbon frame.

I think that in terms of value for money it is fantastic. Its not for the weight conscious at 12.5kg's, but that was less important to me that the other criteria.

The rear suspension setup is fantastic.

The bike is easy to ride, but I did go for a shorter stem (down to 70mm) as I found the "cockpit" area to be too long for me (long top tube).

Dont have the time to find it now, but one Mag that reviewed it gave it a 10 out of 10 rating.

Thanks so much bro..

Forgive me if this has already been asked and addressed, 3x10 vs 2x10, I see a lot of AM bikes running the 2x10, the highest and lowest ratios are normally quite close to an equivalent 3x10. Can anyone tell me what the main purpose for eliminating one front chainwheel/sprocket, other than weight reduction.

Well... the 2x9 or 2x10 setup on AM bikes (specifically) isn't really to lower weight. It can be for the following reasons:

• Certain AM/gravity cranks don't come in a 3 blade option
  • more options as far as chain guides go
  • no real need to the big ring
  • to replace the big ring with a bash guard.

Now as far as ratios go... the popular/common 2 blade setup on AM bikes isn't quite the same as a 3 blade setup. Most AM bikes won't have bigger than a 38T up front (for the big ring). I feel that 36T is optimum (which is what I run on mine). This doesn't offer a high top end that a 42T/44T on a 3 blade XC setup will... but then again AM bikes aren't for district roads where one can spin out at max cadence.

As for the small blade... I run a 24T on mine, but with an 11-34T cassette I find I hardly ever need the granny gear. In fact, I might get rid of the FD, shifter, and put on a better chainguide system in place of a blade that I use once in a blue moon. Again, the 3 blade setup would most likely be a 22T, 32T and 44T.

So basically, a standard 3 blade setup has a small that's too small, and a big that's too big for AM purposes.

Been cycling for about 2yrs and suffer from stiff hamstrings .Is the bike setup wrong or should I stretch more.

I have a 3x10, is it possible to change the largest chainring for a larger one without changing the other 2 or without other mods?

:huh:

A real question...here on da 'ub...

Sorry Mr Best I 2 dof to answer that one...

I can however post a completely irrelevant picture with some stupid caption...

Kinda like my answer....Oh nevermind