Add your Noob Questions

The Ghost

So a piece of wire (2mm thick) went through the top of my tyre and through the side wall.

Any ideas of how I can fix this so it will be reliable?

Or do I need to buy another tyre?

Conti X-Kng Protections running tubeless..

I am going to assume the worst...it's a cut on the sidewall. Depending on the length of cut you can fix it with a mushroom plug...get from 4x4 shops. Normal snotplugs are will pull out if it's on the sidewall. If the cut is too long, chuck the tyre...it's fubar

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to assume the worst...it's a cut on the sidewall. Depending on the length of cut you can fix it with a mushroom plug...get from 4x4 shops. Normal snotplugs are will pull out if it's on the sidewall. If the cut is too long, chuck the tyre...it's fubar

yup without a pick it will be tough to judge.

What about taking it to a tyre shop(for cars) to get it repaired? They patch it from the inside.

I'll try upload a pic asap and then you guys can check..

Caerus, Will this be reliable?? I dont want to have to be stressing about it everytime I ride..

I noticed today that i got some play on my back wheel. First i thought it could my Brake-pads or something, but on closer inspection i could actually move the wheel side to side slightly.

Should i be worried? I am currently riding a 29er Scott. My Nearest LBS is about 125km away.

I've got a noob question (or perhaps an I'm-too-lazy-to-search-the-forums question)...do you get special washing detergent for bibs / cycling shirts? I know the washing instructions for any kind of lycra is very specific and I'm always worried that my usual powder might damage my cycling clothes.

I noticed today that i got some play on my back wheel. First i thought it could my Brake-pads or something, but on closer inspection i could actually move the wheel side to side slightly.

Should i be worried? I am currently riding a 29er Scott. My Nearest LBS is about 125km away.

Sounds like wheel bearings.

I've got a noob question (or perhaps an I'm-too-lazy-to-search-the-forums question)...do you get special washing detergent for bibs / cycling shirts? I know the washing instructions for any kind of lycra is very specific and I'm always worried that my usual powder might damage my cycling clothes.

Don't know about a specila washing powder but I have read that you should not use fabric softener as it affects the clothes wicking properties.

Don't know about a specila washing powder but I have read that you should not use fabric softener as it affects the clothes wicking properties.

I have a bit that I've been wearing for four years now. Shirts included. I just throw it in the washing machine on a normal cycle with washing powder and fabric conditioner and it's still as awesome as the day I got it.

Mine did the same, heavy flexing....those wheels are k@k soft, folded my front one like a koeksister

by just turning 2 sharp. New wheels, problem gone...