Could this be the Trance X 29er?

wesley_r

So launch in August in the U.S. means...... hopefully January 2013 in SA right? Gonna have to restrain myself from spending my Christmas bonus before that.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So launch in August in the U.S. means...... hopefully January 2013 in SA right? Gonna have to restrain myself from spending my Christmas bonus before that.

Chances are earlier unless there are MASSIVE orders from Europe and US. Giant tend to get production volumes up before they start shipping.

Chances are earlier unless there are MASSIVE orders from Europe and US. Giant tend to get production volumes up before they start shipping.

I reckon this bike, my current xcamht / dh combo and the santa tallboy lt would be the killer quiver.

Thanks to an anonymous tipster, we just found these photos of Adam Craig’s 2013 Giant Trance 29er prototype. Surprisingly, these photos were posted a full month ago on Facebook after he won the Oregon Enduro on the bike

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/adam-craig-2013-giant-trance-29er-prototype-2-600x450.jpg

Edited by Hairy

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/adam-craig-2013-giant-trance-29er-prototype-3-600x450.jpg

http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/adam-craig-2013-giant-trance-29er-prototype-3-600x450.jpg

Wow, even Oregonians have very bad taste in footwear. I thought it was only here....

Wow, even Oregonians have very bad taste in footwear. I thought it was only here....

I hope those blue crocs were a dare and not worn on purpose

I hope those blue crocs were a dare and not worn on purpose

As worn in Pretoria every day of the week....

According to Craig, he’s been riding varying phases of the frame for about a year now, and the latest version sounds like it’s right where it needs to be. He was keeping pretty tight-lipped, so there isn’t much more information to pass along. However, rumor has it that the wheelbase will be shorter than on the Anthem X 29er, thanks to Giant finding a way to keep chainstay length nice and tight on what should be a 5in travel chassis.

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.com/images/news/2012/07/10/1341911444404-cbifs1rc39fz-360-70.jpg

Here, the dropper post remote and brake lines are able to run internally

It appears that Giant are working on internal housing routing for their mountain bikes, too – the Trance X 29er prototype had several. From the looks of it, the routing is for unbroken housing, and doesn’t feature any cable stops. There also appears to be room for up to two lines on each side of the head tube, which would allow for front and rear shifter housing as well as rear brake and remote dropper post lines.

The prototype is still running a standard quick-release on 135mm spacing out back, and there isn’t a hint of 12mm compatibility in the dropouts. Combined with Giant’s tendency to keep standard dropouts for the majority of their trail bikes, chances are the production Trance X 29er won’t be set up for 12mm through-axles, either.

Edited by Hairy

Damn that 29er Trance X 0 looks sweet. Now not sure as what would be better, a Yeti SB95 or a Giant Trance X 0 29er ? Both similarly spec'd..

Hijack..!!

SCOTT ransom 27.5 I think they finally got it right. And its beautifull

post-1279-0-34463300-1342078817.jpg

Hijack..!!

SCOTT ransom 27.5 I think they finally got it right. And its beautifull

You sure? Think it's the Scott Genius, 150mm travel with Twin Lock.

Still a sweet ride though.

Reckon for trail bikes we'll see the guys pushing the 130mm travel 29rs and 150mm travel for 650b