My 'in betweener' done and ready for testing!

NotSoBigBen

Hi!

I'm also excited! Just bought a set of American Classic 650B wheels for my 2012 Scott Spark 40! Just waiting for a quote on a Fox fork and then I'm rolling!

How is the conversion influencing your bike's handling? Can't wait to try it out!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't want you getting ahead of the curve there. We all know biggest is faster, the threads all say so and if they do, it's Word..... Though you were already in the Junior Circus with 650B? I will be waiting in suspenders for Ben's report. No I am not from Cpt, Hairy is....

Yip, CT riders are faster and cooler like that ...... I have one bike with big wheels and one with old tech 26'er, but this bike substitutes it's small wheels with a Big Fork :)

I am keen to hear more from you NSBB after you have a couple of hundred k's under those wheels. My Shova can accept 650b's so I will bide my time and wait to see how the format goes and the prices to be more realistic before taking the leap.

Well it was just one quick albeit technical ride so won't say too much yet, what I can say is that I didn't notice much difference to my 26" bikes as far as the handling goes and it seemed more stable in the technical, gnarly stuff ....

Tomorrow a 60k race and then some training on it in the next weeks. A good comparison will be the Thaba Toughee 2 on the 28th as I did the first one with the normal wheels ....

I will write a 'full' report the end of the month

Edited by NotSoBigBen

Yip, CT riders are faster and cooler like that ...... I have one bike with big wheels and one with old tech 26'er, but this bike substitutes it's small wheels with a Big Fork :)

I am keen to hear more from you NSBB after you have a couple of hundred k's under those wheels. My Shova can accept 650b's so I will bide my time and wait to see how the format goes and the prices to be more realistic before taking the leap.

Morning Mate. I guess a few of us are interested. I have a 140mm fork itching to see if it fits...

nsBB, what race tomorrow?

I'd def thinking 26 inch carbon bike with 27.5 wheels for the next bike.

Does scott still make 26 inch bikes, otherwise will look at a ninety 3000 from Merida.

G

Well it was just one quick albeit technical ride so won't say too much yet, what I can say is that I didn't notice much difference to my 26" bikes as far as the handling goes and it seemed more stable in the technical, gnarly stuff ....

Tomorrow a 60k race and then some training on it in the next weeks. A good comparison will be the Thaba Toughee 2 on the 28th as I did the first one with the normal wheels ....

I will write a 'full' report the end of the month

Edited by awesme

ok, enjoy, we're also doing 60km, but allot more sedate, with a snack brake at the circus half way ;)G

*SMH*

Nice one Ben, looks stunning (i still reckon that fork has my name on it for one day when you decide to move on, :-) ), good luck for DM tomorrow, you planning to do it on the 650B setup?

@Bobbo - yip will ride it like that tomorrow!

@G - ai ai ai, you gotta get up their with the 'youngster' tipe lingo bru ..... ;) - 'Shake My Head' ..... you going training or for a picnic :whistling:

I heard that 650B wheels can prevent dolphins from getting in your tuna tins!

I'll check at lunchtime but you know 'high command' only buys 'dolfyn vriendelik' tjoona!

I heard that 650B wheels can prevent dolphins from getting in your tuna tins!

Dumbass, it's spelled tjoona.

Dumbass, it's spelled tjoona.

I am neither from the East, or the South, so I don't spell my words phonetically!