Parys Dirtmax 7/7/2012

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was first, you were second, the rest didn't finish. :clap:

Easily my worst race of the year performance wise. I started out riding in the top 10 I think and then just went backwards after the first 20km or so. Time to take a break from the bike for a couple of weeks and recover.

It's the 4th time I've done this race this year and I liked the changes to the last third of the route and hope that will become a permanent feature. The endless zigzag single track at the end still irritates me though. I think it goes on just that little bit too long and having to go through those deep puddles and mudholes adds nothing to the enjoyment of a race. In my opinion cut out that last stretch that takes you away from the river and the trees (and through the big puddles and mud). The route may only be a km or two shorter but it'll be a whole lot more enjoyable.

That ditch that you have to bunny hop along the fenceline following the Potch/Parys tar road is really dangerous. It's an easy hop but if you happen not to see it or you have a hand on a bottle or something and you hit that, you are going to have a very serious accident. They really should mark that with 3 arrows.

It's a pity the race is no longer being timed by Spectrum Sport.

Still no results?

Seems like it, not sure why it is taking so long. There wasn't that many riders!