No 26" Scott Genius for 2013

wesley_r

Interesting:

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/First-Look-at-Scotts-2013-Genius-and-Gambler.html

Scroll down the article to this part:

Scot's elite-level trailbike is also all-new for 2013, and the big news, beyond the fact that the bike will not be sold with 26 inch wheels, is that Scott has abandoned its novel, three-chambered pull shock in favor of a lighter weight conventional air-sprung damper and a quite normal-looking rocker-link suspension. The carbon fiber and aluminum frame is offered in two models: the 150-millimeter-travel Genius 700 designed around 27.5 inch wheels and the 130-millimeter-travel Genius 900 designed specifically for 29 inch wheels.

post-12904-0-68797000-1341840503.jpg

Rear triangle looks long. Might be that the BB is set back below the seat tube though?

NO 26"?????????? They can **** **** and ****!!! Why the **** would **** and **** jus not **** ****!!! AG **** **** **** !!!

Ag ****

Rear triangle looks long. Might be that the BB is set back below the seat tube though?

You know the wheelbase is longer on the 650b?? That is odd. The 29" has a shorter wheelbase.

That BB section looks very similar to the StumpJumper FSR 29er's... almost squarish/fat.... like a platform...I don't personally like that BB part/design... overall the bike does look pretty hot in black plastic and love the blue pinstripes... Jirre it POPS!!!!

if only it had white grips ;)

(Giggle) All plastic bikes should come standard with white grips... to make it POP!....

You know the wheelbase is longer on the 650b?? That is odd. The 29" has a shorter wheelbase.

As a result of the longer travel, maybe? Remember... Geo is the same on both (i think i remember reding that)

The Gambler has the adjustable wheelbase to change square edge characteristics.. could also be the smaller wheel set further back to match the ride of the bigger wheel on square edge hits.. option 2.

Howsit Mayhem and fam..

Am I mistaken or is 2 X 10 also becoming the new standard? 3 X 9 seems to be so 26'er.

LOL @ 3x9... what's that?