GoPro... isnt there something else out there?

Stuart Queripel

Handle bar! , helmet too shakey and it makes your helmet feel like it's got a brick attached to it.

Experienced the exact opposite!

Went down G-spot a couple of times and the footage from the handlebar was not really usable, way too shakey.

Seems my head is much more stable than I thought ;)

Just mount it in the middle of your helmet and you won't have that being dragged down feeling, plus you get a greater view of the surroundings from the helmet!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

picked up a GoPro HD Hero 2 :thumbup:

from a general feeling... where do the riders prefer to mount their camera's, on their helmet or handle bar?

Stem, with a Rollbar Mount, super steady

Experienced the exact opposite!

Went down G-spot a couple of times and the footage from the handlebar was not really usable, way too shakey.

Seems my head is much more stable than I thought ;)

Just mount it in the middle of your helmet and you won't have that being dragged down feeling, plus you get a greater view of the surroundings from the helmet!

I mounted it on my helmet yesterday and just like you said, I got that being dragged down feeling. So will re-adjust it this evening and see how it feels.

Thanks to all for your opinions, much appreciated :thumbup:

If you are an Iphone or Android owner, the contour+ allows you to setup/frame/and see what the cameras seeing via wifi or bluetooth using the app. This makes it a lot easier to change the settings on the camera. Aside from the extreme angle of view that it offers, it also has hdmi out so you can use it for live streaming as well.Check the link out here.

Used both the Gopro and the Contour on a recent shoot and can't fault the quality of the footage from each of them. Just found the contour a lot easier to work with. The record button is also a lot easier to use with gloves on, than the one on the go pro. It has a much lower profile when you mount it on the side of your helmet so you don't feel like you are weighed down. So my personal preference would be for the contour cameras.

Having said that you won't be disappointed with the quality of footage from either of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Now there is finally something available in SA to give the GoPro Hero 2 a real good run for its money!!! The ISAW Ace packs in a lot of BANG for your buck... Check out this link - ISAW ACE

This camera is outselling the GoPro in some countries - check it out for yourself -

• 2 weeks later...

You actially drowned while diving????? Is that why you are not called Cois anymore...... welcome back, ghost or not!!!!!!

Aai oom, no the camera took a dive and died :)

Don't know if htis has been posted here... but the new Sony Action Cam looks like very nice alternative to a GoPro...

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Sony-Action-Cam-1.jpg

My problem with the Sony, and Contour is, it limits your mounting positions. For example the Sony won't easily be able to be use on a chest strap.

My problem with the Sony, and Contour is, it limits your mounting positions. For example the Sony won't easily be able to be use on a chest strap.

that's ok cos chesty strap doesn't work too well when the trail is anything bumpier than a district road. Helmet mount definitely wins for stability!