151 members have voted

1. 1. Your weight vs height and build

• > 65kg, > 1.7m, skinny
    • 65kg - 75 kg, 1.7 - 1.8m, medium build
    • 76kg - 85kg, 1.81 - 1.9m, medium to large build
    • 85kg - 95kg, 1.91 - 1.95m, L Build
    • 95kg - 105kg, 1.95m <, XL Build
    • none of the above - please comment
    • I'm female and not going to comment or make my weight public.

Hi Karma,

...jou gewig en lengte. Mr Single Track moet sy GoPro dra om nie deur te val nie, Los hom uit.

my gewig? erm.... 1.93m, 94kg....effens dik.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mmm... atm 1.77 @ 87kg. Medium to large. Targeting around 80. Any less and I start looking anorexic. (I weighed 74 once and it really did not look good - That is what walking to work and back did, living in vredehoek and working in the foreshore :D.

I look at some of the ratios and I would be put in hospital at those weights. Probably too much paddle-skiing as a youth for me. bit broad in the shoulders. This threat however is a little difficult to muster. How about rather using BMI ranges. would be very interesting. Maybe add to that your riding aspirations? somthing like. "social, enter races but just to finish, amateur racer, pro" as part of the poll. That way one can get some meaning full ratios here :)

Edited by JTK

That way one can get some meaning full ratios here :)

The options will be too many......except if we only created options for BMI ranges without weights and heights...

But I agree....

Well, my BMI = 23. You go.

Edited by KarmaKarmaKarmeleon

that is the idea. have the

underweight BMI < 19

Ideal BMI 19-24

Slightly overweight or big boned :) 25-29

Overweight >29

I think we can leave the obese one out and have it as part of overweight. This will leave us with 16 options?

If I were 1.9m then my one leg would come in at that :P Imagine the cranking I could do :D

A year's memebership to Weight Watchers? :huh:

Nah. Maybe AA instead. All those empty kilojoules in my favourite wines, beers, whiskies, rums, champers, ... :whistling:

Well this is what I get on the BMI calculator .... I sound like I hang out at KFC for every meal!

Even if I drop to 80kg's from 91kg's, I am still in the overweight cat. ... at less than 80kg's I will look sickly.

You have a BMI of 28.72.

BMI is between 25 and 29.9 (Overweight)

People falling in this BMI range are considered overweight and would benefit from finding healthy ways to lower their weight, such as diet and exercise. Individuals who fall in this range are at increased risk for a variety of ilnesses. If your BMI is 27-29.99 your risk of health problems becomes higher. In a recent study an increased rate of blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease was recorded at 27.3 for women and 27.8 for men. It may be a good idea to check your Waist Circumference and compare it with the recommended limits.

Read our Overweight Treatment article for some measures you can take.

Note: Since Body Fat Percentage calculations use total body weight and not estimates of lean muscle mass and fat, BMI can not determine between the overweight and the more muscular. Use our Body Fat Calculator and Waist to Hip Ratio Calculatorin combination with our BMI Calculator for a more accurate view of your body fat.

Bradley Wiggins comes in @ 1.90m and 69kgs

You people are all obese! :whistling: :blush: :devil:

That being said, his calves are about the size of my forearms! And I'm tiny... Although compared to me; his extra 17cm on my 1.73m equals a gain of 11kg's!

Off to the gym I go :blush: