Carrot

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brilliantly simple

I am thinking the same

A galv. angle on each end with another in the middle of the plank and then the single fastening hook for an elasticated rope or loop and the job is done!

The best though would be finding a nice section of "L" shaped steel that one could just bolt to the wall ... a little more costly though, but you would be able to then drill a hole in it and run a chain through the bikes frame and through the steel in order to lock it should you require.

It would be easy to stack two bike above each other, maybe even three bike!

Edited by Hairy

I was thinking of a two manikin forearms with hands sticking out the wall holding the bike up.

Dodgy

You will have to get the height 100% as if the they are too low or too high and the bikes are not in place, you will either gets a stiff smack in the face or an unfortunate blow that would leave in the precarious position of not being able to walk or sit in your saddle for a while.

Dodgy

You will have to get the height 100% as if the they are too low or too high and the bikes are not in place, you will either gets a stiff smack in the face or an unfortunate blow that would leave in the precarious position of not being able to walk or sit in your saddle for a while.

I was thinking for the one thats got the lights shining by the wheels if there were hands/ forearms holding that bike. Yeah, you certainly couldn't have it to low though.

Here's my quick fix

We're in a 1bedroom granny flat, so space is very limited.

I used some 8mm round bar, bent it in j hook, then welded that hook to the head of a rawl bolt.

Drilled, secured, hung... Job done.

Oh and i also covered the hook with some rubber piping to prefent scratching....

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd156/rynovanz/20120725_172618.jpg

Here's my quick fix

We're in a 1bedroom granny flat, so space is very limited.

I used some 8mm round bar, bent it in j hook, then welded that hook to the head of a rawl bolt.

Drilled, secured, hung... Job done.

Oh and i also covered the hook with some rubber piping to prefent scratching....

Does the other half not complain about dirty tyres on curtains?

Yip, the xs gt is the other half's.

And she did show some concern, but washing the curtains now and then is better than

constantly having to walk around the bikes.

Will have to start looking for dark curtains.

RvanZ, the landlord is obviously very chilled if they did not mind bolts being drilled into their concrete beam! :)

My concern with the majority of these options is they suspend the bikes from the top tube. As mentioned by someone, great for a single speed with no gears/brakes but I am not a fan of this with all my cables running under there.

Yip, the xs gt is the other half's.

And she did show some concern, but washing the curtains now and then is better than

constantly having to walk around the bikes.

Will have to start looking for dark curtains.

Does she make you wash the curtains? :o

In other news... Our bikeroom has become too full of bikes so I'm going make some racks inside the house in our entrance hall. It is almost double volume and has high walls on all four sides. Definitely use some of the ideas in this thread and make it artistic for the fixie and road bikes.

Edited by slick

Hahahahahahahaha

We play fair, we both take turns to wash stuff, shared responsibility and all that.

Like some new age relationship psycho babble