Roadies please help a MTB"er

crasher

IMO if you're a MTB'er, then all road bikes are fast. And in the price range your'e looking at you can buy something really decent last time I checked. Don't worry about specs, get the best looking bike, no matter what you get you'll be crazy fast!

Both the Prisma and CR1 are "comfort" frames, designed to give you a more comfortable, upright riding position as opposed to a forward leaning racy riding position. This is a good thing for 98% of us who ride road.

I would choose the BH for no reason other than it's uniqueness. There are plenty of Scotts on the road, but not many BH's, although the Elite wheels are so much better.

Also consider that Solomons are selling the Bianchi 928 with Campag Centaur for R17 000.

Both the Prisma and CR1 are "comfort" frames, designed to give you a more comfortable, upright riding position as opposed to a forward leaning racy riding position. This is a good thing for 98% of us who ride road.

I would choose the BH for no reason other than it's uniqueness. There are plenty of Scotts on the road, but not many BH's, although the Elite wheels are so much better.

Also consider that Solomons are selling the Bianchi 928 with Campag Centaur for R17 000.

I'd take the 928

CR1 FTW! You'll want to use the other 2K towards supplementing the other goodies, like some decent road shoes, proper spandex bibs with full zip shirt and decent lightweight road helmet! Wont be long thereafter and you'll start thinking of some carbon wheels. Get clinchers when you do! You'll enjoy the specific training you can do on the road and it compliments your fitness for the mountainbiking! Your first ride in anger on the road bike after riding the mtb will be memorable for the rolling resistance aspect alone! Your ass will complain a little for a day after though. Enjoy!

Got the Scott it was just such a good deal and bang for the buck no one could touch it.

With pedals weighs 7.535 kgs and had a quick spin and goes like a rocket :clap: Will do a nice long ride on Saturday then should have a better impression of the bike.

Never had anything to compare it to but the Ultegra really shifts and feels nice

Got the Scott it was just such a good deal and bang for the buck no one could touch it.

With pedals weighs 7.535 kgs and had a quick spin and goes like a rocket :clap: Will do a nice long ride on Saturday then should have a better impression of the bike.

Never had anything to compare it to but the Ultegra really shifts and feels nice

Pichas....

Beautiful bike. Get a seeding race done and we will see you on the start. 3 hrs or bust.