Pro Classic Series - Western Cape Spring League

andydude

Does the league increase your seeding for races such as the Cape Argus ?

not directly. none of the league races are argus seeding races. However, racing league should make you stronger, and you should do better in the argus seeding races

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as these events happen over weekends it is fine...as I work during the week and I am sure most of the others do to. I don't mind the amount of races, I raced STARS last season, basically enetering the racing scene, and I enjoyed it. Moving up to Elites this season as planned, however Red Hill and all these places sounds like a good idea but consider the following, is there enough parking for all the cars? What time duration does it take for a Hill Climb to finish for all the riders? Also people will be travelling from all over CT...Bainskloof sounds cool, but then again, where will everyone park, try explain to cars they can't drive from Ceres via Bainskloof to Wellington, they will need to drive all the way around...and all these things.

'Dale, looking forward to seeing you race, it has been a long time coming...just get Tiny_K to join me now in Elites.

re Bain's - Nuwekloof Pass is alternative to get to Ceres and is only a few Km longer but takes less time (I have done this by bakkie to test the theory already)

re Elites - 95% in :D

You funny.... :lol: who pays for the think bike marshals for racing groups, comms, admin (doing GC results, racing jerseys), etc.

The money of the people who enters the league.

Do your calculation, R1400 x every group, then teams is a extra few bucks....you will get your total.

• 2 weeks later...

For your information, the entries are now open.

SPRING LEAGUE 2012 ENTRIES ARE OPEN!

Entriesfor the 2012 PPA Spring League, presented in conjunction with the WesternProvince Cycling Association, are now open. This year’s Spring league promises to becompetitive, exhilarating and action-packed with three road funrides, twocircuit races and one tough hill climb making up the league. Read more on thePPA website and get your entry in before 30 August!

http://secure.entries.co.za/entries/findperson.aspx?eid=1481

Go and enter guys, the calendar is jam packed and racing will be your staple diet for three months!

I'm actually looking forward to all the racing, no real training and when Killarney starts up again it will be even better!

Here is a calendar and this doesnt even show the MTB races, Wellington gravel travel, OudeMolen, Karoo to Coast, TransBaviaans...

We have so many races, we are spoilt for choice.

post-3341-0-47647100-1345012098.jpg

Edited by Zilla

@ Zilla, spoilt for choice indeed if you're in the Western Cape.

Well done, PPA.

CSA, trek jou sokkies op, jong.

• 2 weeks later...

I have entered junior men/Elite, this is my first league racing, in fact my first proper road race!! What can i expect? :whistling:

I have entered junior men/Elite, this is my first league racing, in fact my first proper road race!! What can i expect? :whistling:

Damn hard racing! See you guys there :)

Entered for U16 :clap:

Hoping to try my Zipps at Worcester!

Now just to get fit after illness :thumbdown:

Let's ride next weekend, maybe, Zacster!