Pro Classic Series - Western Cape Spring League

andydude

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Im new here and thinking of doing the Summer events. I have a question regarding the group sizes and level of the league events. How big are they, and how many of the riders would be considered elite?

Thanx

Im new here and thinking of doing the Summer events. I have a question regarding the group sizes and level of the league events. How big are they, and how many of the riders would be considered elite?

50 - 60

What do you understand as "elite"?

Hi

Thanx

Do you qualify to ride Elite? If you a "Mountin Goat" then the Summer League would suit you.

50 - 60

What do you understand as "elite"?

Let's say guys that would be able to get in under 2:35 in the Argus Cycle Tour. I am not an elite rider, but im guessing it would be way harder if there are more 'A' riders than 'C' riders.

And do pro riders ever show up?

sorry for all the questions, i'm a complete newbie here so just no sure bout anything.

Thnx

Do you qualify to ride Elite? If you a "Mountin Goat" then the Summer League would suit you.

the name 'Mountin Goat' just sounded like fun, hehe. maybe i should change that :)

I definitely dnt consider myself an elite rider, but i see that A-C riders qualify, just trying to get a feel for how hard these events are.

I hear a rumor that the traffic department will only allow 1 race per month in Cape Town from next year and no race allowed over Ou Kaapse weg. This true?

I hear a rumor that the traffic department will only allow 1 race per month in Cape Town from next year and no race allowed over Ou Kaapse weg. This true?

Really hope not, man...

I doubt it, they make too much money providing cars & officials on a Sunday.

Didn't you get the email from Jannis? Starting time coming out later. Route is pretty much up Red Hill :)

WPCA Hill Climb Time Trial at Red Hill – 20 October 2012

Saturday the 20th of October will see race 3 of 6 in the PPA Spring League.

Race 3 will see riders tackle a short but tough time trial of 4.7km up the legendary Red Hill. After a flat first 500m to get the legs spinning, riders will then turn left onto Red Hill Road and climb the remaining 4.2km to the finish line at the View Point.

This race will start outside the Simon’s Town train station situated along the Main Road at 07.00 with sign-on taking place from 06.00 outside the station.

Start list to follow by Thursday morning.

Didn't you get the email from Jannis? Starting time coming out later. Route is pretty much up Red Hill :)

WPCA Hill Climb Time Trial at Red Hill – 20 October 2012

Saturday the 20th of October will see race 3 of 6 in the PPA Spring League.

Race 3 will see riders tackle a short but tough time trial of 4.7km up the legendary Red Hill. After a flat first 500m to get the legs spinning, riders will then turn left onto Red Hill Road and climb the remaining 4.2km to the finish line at the View Point.

This race will start outside the Simon’s Town train station situated along the Main Road at 07.00 with sign-on taking place from 06.00 outside the station.

Start list to follow by Thursday morning.

Thanks, I'll mail Jannis so that I can also receive the mails about upcoming races.