Mass mtb gathering for hubbers

Joe_Cogs

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm keen for Kings! Rode there yesterday, did part of the black route and rode home... it's amazing out there! When we going?

Edited by MtbBarbie

I hope they haven't dumbed down the black route in the year since I've been there. Are there still rocky drop offs where you have to get air to get down them?

On one or two downhills there are but you dont have to take them. Im going to try and go this sat if any one wants to come test the waters.

if thats not a tndem I dont think she was smiling for long after not paying attention to whats going on in front! haha

KK is sounding awesome! hope I can sty on my bike I'm just getting over slamming into rocks at the bottom of a small cliff on the freeride at Giba gorge in Durban. riding with bruised ribs is not that much fun! apparently I was supposed to stay on the trail, who knew?!!!

Anyone here entered the Eqstra spring classic?

Giba is fantasic riding. You just want to ride the whole day. I can't wait to go back there.

On one or two downhills there are but you dont have to take them.

Cool. I possible didn't notice as I was following 4barlinkage at a decent speed down there. Or maybe they made some chicken runs since I was there last.

I'm keen for Kings! Rode there yesterday, did part of the black route and rode home... it's amazing out there! When we going?

8th

you missed a good ride on sat past.

Edited by Iron

if thats not a tndem I dont think she was smiling for long after not paying attention to whats going on in front! haha

KK is sounding awesome! hope I can sty on my bike I'm just getting over slamming into rocks at the bottom of a small cliff on the freeride at Giba gorge in Durban. riding with bruised ribs is not that much fun! apparently I was supposed to stay on the trail, who knew?!!!

Anyone here entered the Eqstra spring classic?

If all goes according to plan, I'll be riding Giba on Saturday morning. Its my favourite riding spot

Giba is fantasic riding. You just want to ride the whole day. I can't wait to go back there.

Cool. I possible didn't notice as I was following 4barlinkage at a decent speed down there. Or maybe they made some chicken runs since I was there last.

I make trips down to "visit family" as often as possible just to ride at giba! We normally ride up and out the top and do a loop through the sugarcan fields in Shongweni or up to a small white hut where you have to climb up the last bit with your bike on your shoulders! not for those with a fear of hieghts, so I just never look back haha.

I am in search of a place in Gauteng like giba with all that climbing up and then the super fast ride back into Giba! Its depressing when you spend hours climbing out and the ride back down feels like a few minutes long!

If all goes according to plan, I'll be riding Giba on Saturday morning. Its my favourite riding spot

aaah man I'm jealous! I wanted to go down this weekend as well but have family coming here instead... Hub group ride at Giba sometime who's in? haha

Edited by Nofearnofun

I am in search of a place in Gauteng like giba with all that climbing up and then the super fast ride back into Giba! Its depressing when you spend hours climbing out and the ride back down feels like a few minutes long!

Nowhere with manicured trails like that here. But for longish awesome descending we always go and do the long loops at Van Gaalens.

Maybe some light knee and elbow padding.... just to keep the skin on. :mellow:

My problem is that I know myself too well and generally shout "HUZZAH" before attempting something stupid. I plan on saving myself from myself until after 23 Sept.

SSWC 2012 straight after that should be fun - beer fulled SSing. HUZZAH!!!!

My problem is that I know myself too well and generally shout "HUZZAH" before attempting something stupid. I plan on saving myself from myself until after 23 Sept.

SSWC 2012 straight after that should be fun - beer fulled SSing. HUZZAH!!!!

My SSWC training is going well. Six intervals with a beer recovery between each. The only problem is I have yet to find my way home afterwards.

My SSWC training is going well. Six intervals with a beer recovery between each. The only problem is I have yet to find my way home afterwards.

as a posible solution to your problem, try 2 beers between each, I bet it will work :ph34r:

as a posible solution to your problem, try 2 beers between each, I bet it will work :ph34r:

Better still - do it on the wind trainer at home. You don't fall off your bike as much!