Five Ten Freeride VXi

wesley_r

Freeride MTB Shoe — A tacky rubber on the sole of these Five Ten bike shoes lets riders “pull, push and adjust” pedals for control on tough trails and in the air. The Freerider VXi shoes, $120, are made for flat pedals with smooth rubber under the forefoot for grip and an “asymmetrical welt” on the inside arch area for added durability after untold thousands of spins of the cranks.

http://gearjunkie.com/outdoor-retailer-summer-2012-preview

This looks like the shoe Sam Hill was showing off recently. Thoughts?

post-12904-0-18872600-1343930360.jpg

• 1 month later...

What's the local ZAR prices dudes? I dig the Blue ones captains!

if you're referring to the FiveTens in this thread, then sadly they haven't been released yet

• 3 months later...

Got me a pair of the old Freeride from Diald just before Krismis, sweet shoes:) The element shoes I had before it lasted only a month and they were shot.

http://fiveten.com/images/stories/jreviews/19_407101_1261720200.jpg

Edited by braailegend

Got me a pair of the old Freeride from Diald just before Krismis, sweet shoes:) The element shoes I had before it lasted only a month and they were shot.

http://fiveten.com/images/stories/jreviews/19_407101_1261720200.jpg

and grip wise... can you tell why people who ride Five Tens can never go back to skate shoes?

Guest Omega Man

and grip wise... can you tell why people who ride Five Tens can never go back to skate shoes?

Yeah that and they last more than a week.

Now you make me want some...

Why is payday so far away?cursing.gif

hahaha! maybe it's a good thing! I told myself that I'd wait for these new VXi's before buying some MacAskil's or more Barrons. I faultered and got a second pair of Barons.

I'm still very interested to see when the VXi's come out... and what sort of price tag they will carry?!

I think it probably doesn't matter what I get - any MTB shoe will be better than my skate shoes.

The big issue is that the soles are so soft. It feels like I am riding in flip flops.

They actually grip fine, and have worn very well. I have used them for DH and Jumping for about 3 years now.

I think it probably doesn't matter what I get - any MTB shoe will be better than my skate shoes.

The big issue is that the soles are so soft. It feels like I am riding in flip flops.

They actually grip fine, and have worn very well. I have used them for DH and Jumping for about 3 years now.

yeah, true story!

I forgot my riding shoes at home one day. I used some casual "skate shoes" (Macbeths)... look at how crazy the sole on the left foot is flexing

post-10758-0-57893300-1357118151_thumb.jpg

Five Tens offer way more support than that, but not to the point that they're too rigid.

By the way...

Where is the best place to buy shoes at the moment?

Dialdbikes.co.za seems like the best place to get them in SA, but they got f#*k all stock at the moment so you'll have to wait for them to get new stock in..