Isuzu 3 Towers stage race - Advice needed

Mr SingleTrack

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To come back to the tyres . I find it very interesting to say the least that anybody would want to find "a" tyre for any stage race . If we raced on one surface it would make sense to maybe look at tyres , but we will be going over rocks , through rivers , over sand , tree roots and snakes . Anyway we can discuss this over beers at the event .

First year I did it, Day 3 was on my birthday. I took a beer up to every tower cracked it open and had some. Little warm and shaken about, but nothing like a bit of a celebration

strong means nothing when you are lazy....(like me) hah

To come back to the tyres . I find it very interesting to say the least that anybody would want to find "a" tyre for any stage race . If we raced on one surface it would make sense to maybe look at tyres , but we will be going over rocks , through rivers , over sand , tree roots and snakes . Anyway we can discuss this over beers at the event .

the reason why I asked is because I still have the Racing Ralphs fitted since Sani2c. The last thing I want to do is sit next to the track on day one at Mankele due to a sidewall cut. I assume it might be better to swop the RRs for my Bontrager 29.3s as they are nuke proof :nuke:

Ran 2 geax sagueros last year...no issues, even though it was wet on day3.

PS I rate day 1 and day 3 of the towers better riding than sani day 1 and day 3. Day 2 of sani is obviously epic but besides.

3 Towers is an awesome race....and affordable.

Ran 2 geax sagueros last year...no issues, even though it was wet on day3

I run G on the front, but its a heavy tyre...

Race briefing the same year. This is the moment to discuss those tires

Demmit but you suip...just the way I like it

This is going to be my first stage race. Hope I survive it. Luckily I am stronger than my partner... :devil: :devil: :devil:

You will be fine...its an awesome race

the reason why I asked is because I still have the Racing Ralphs fitted since Sani2c. The last thing I want to do is sit next to the track on day one at Mankele due to a sidewall cut. I assume it might be better to swop the RRs for my Bontrager 29.3s as they are nuke proof :nuke:

Leave the ralphs...pack a tyre boot. Mankele isn't that rough that you will cut sidewalls around every corner. Take a spare tyre and leave in your car just in case.