Isuzu 3 Towers stage race - Advice needed

Mr SingleTrack

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My partner and i have entered the challenge,but cannot make it anymore-would anyone be interested intaking over our entries?

My partner and i have entered the challenge,but cannot make it anymore-would anyone be interested intaking over our entries?

I'm interested but I need a partner!

wonder what the weather is gone to do at 3 Towers this year ? whats the chances for perfectly cool weather with no rain and a tail wind all day?

wonder what the weather is gone to do at 3 Towers this year ? whats the chances for perfectly cool weather with no rain and a tail wind all day?

That storm last year had my praying in my little tentjie...thought it was the end.

That storm last year had my praying in my little tentjie...thought it was the end.

Ja Bru, the storm wasnt the worst, for me it was the next day when I rode into a "puddle" that was more like a lake

Ja Bru, the storm wasnt the worst, for me it was the next day when I rode into a "puddle" that was more like a lake

Classic...

That was quite a storm wasn't it...

The following morning I had to run to the loo very early and noticed a chap whose bike fell over into a small ditch next to his tent, and it was halfway submerged in the puddle that formed, drivetrain under water. Looked like an XTC 29er. When I walked back he had woken up and was trying to crank the oukie. That grinding sound and the grimace on his face I will not forget.

And did you see the okes with the fancy camper, their aluminium veranda was folded backwards over the roof.

That was quite a storm wasn't it...

The following morning I had to run to the loo very early and noticed a chap whose bike fell over into a small ditch next to his tent, and it was halfway submerged in the puddle that formed, drivetrain under water. Looked like an XTC 29er. When I walked back he had woken up and was trying to crank the oukie. That grinding sound and the grimace on his face I will not forget.

And did you see the okes with the fancy camper, their aluminium veranda was folded backwards over the roof.

Yesss, demmit it was hectic. At least it was nice and cool on day3...reckon we are going to kuk this year. Hot + humid = plenty beer

Yesss, demmit it was hectic. At least it was nice and cool on day3...reckon we are going to kuk this year. Hot + humid = plenty beer

Ek is nie bang nie! Bring more beer :thumbup: & Jager :thumbup: & Spyker :thumbup: - ok leave the spyker. We'll use biltong for recovery.

so no word on the total ascend for each day of the race?

If the total ascend is really 3000m I better start removing my front and rear derailleur, chain, pedals, crank etc.

Seeing that I will be pushing my bike all day then, I might as well get it as light as possible…

now this is a battle plan worth buying :thumbup:

And for you....it's free!

Ek is nie bang nie! Bring more beer :thumbup: & Jager :thumbup: & Spyker :thumbup: - ok leave the spyker. We'll use biltong for recovery.

Gonna be lekker J...so lekker that I am actually staying the sunday night as well...might do a early AM spin on Monday, depending on "bomb" consumption of course

If the total ascend is really 3000m I better start removing my front and rear derailleur, chain, pedals, crank etc.

Seeing that I will be pushing my bike all day then, I might as well get it as light as possible…

No def not 3000m, they also got the ascend wrong last year...the only real climb is on day2....loooong but not steep, and the blixems make you think its all over just before the top taking you through this wooded singletrack of about 500m, and then the otherside you can see the last stretch to the waterpoint with a distant ntsh ntsh ntsh ntsh ntsh in the background.

Oh the "sting" climb on day1 and 3 is also a little fecker...similiar to the babyheads at VG concrete slabs...steep and loose but luckily short.