where does a person get training

Capcha

So for a while now I have been wanting to service my own bikes. I have enough bikes that it costs a small fortune every time I take them in for service. Tried looking on the net and can't find anyone who can train me on this. Does anyone know of a place in Cape Town who can teach me the a-z of servicing mtb and road bikes?

BMC - Bicycle Maintenence Company, in Salt River, used to do a hands-on cours that was great. Jared is the guy to talk to. Not sure if they still do it, but worth a try.

Parktools also have a very good website with "how to" instructions. Use your friend Google.

Yellowsaddle.co.za. Johan based in Jozi but does regular courses in Slaapstad.

I went on JB's Yellowsaddle cousre a short while ago - well worth it.

Yellow Saddles course is starting to pay for itself. Nice to be able to diagnose problems and fix them. Did a brakes and drivetrain setup for a friend on friday. No problems with the ride on saturday. It has also been a bit of an adventure collecting the tools I did not have to be able to do the services. Cant wait to have to do a wheel and hub or suspension bearing replacement. Something to sink my teeth into. Amazing the confidence I have in my abilities after the course.

Next course will be shock servicing.

Johan has a course end of the month in Jhb, don't know if he has space, he mentioned there was 1 open, which I promptly took.

Seem to remember him mentioning something about a Cape Town date coming up.

G