My poor nipples and cracked rim

Hairy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Owee, Hairy - you know you should take care of your loved one's nipples!

Hope they come to the party.

I suppose if I had twisted them a couple of times before I would have noticed how cracked and dry they were!

I suppose if I had twisted them a couple of times before I would have noticed how cracked and dry they were!

yeah! exactly!

And then you could have provided the requisite amount of lube, and nurse them back into health...

My bontrager race lite did the same

My previous race lites also did this .. pick attached of wheelset no. 1

Now prior to me having Bonti wheels I have also had other wheelsets with aloy nipples and these wheels did some serious mileage and lived to a good lifespan with no defects at all.

post-5403-0-18315800-1344435172.jpg

Hi Droo.

If they give me a new wheelset I will be on bonti set no 3.

Should I get the replacement set I will have my lbs strip down the wheelset and rebuild it again, then also replace the nipples with brass ones.

If they do not replace the current hubs will be built up on a set of flows.

RE spokes, are straight gauge spokes stronger when built up vs butted spokes?

Double butted are lighter and stronger, JB can explain why better than I can.

Double butted are lighter and stronger, JB can explain why better than I can.

Thanks .... the stronger is all I need to know :)

So here is the latest from the Bonti Boys and Girls ... to me this sounds like I have a new wheelset coming to me soon :)

Status on the wheels at the moment is that the order has been created and is in the picking process. I’m still waiting to hear when they will be sending their next shipment.

Thanks .... the stronger is all I need to know :)

You also need to know this:

They are stronger but build weaker wheels.

Stronger is not always stronger.

You also need to know this:

They are stronger but build weaker wheels.

Stronger is not always stronger.

JB .... my head is spinning ... can you draw me a picture please or type up statements longer than one liners ?

W^%$^E$$ ^$^% .... I also have a set of Bonti Rhythm Elite 29'er wheels exactly the same as the 26'er above.

Sent the wheel in for a hub and freehub service and to get one spoke replaced. The #$%@#^#$ wheels nipples on all the spokes have done the same bloody thing as per the wheels I now have in for a claim.

My only issue here is though that the 29'er wheelset was bought second hand and therefore have no claim to make :(

So In closing

I have purchased a set of wheels for the 29'er from Ryanthelion on the Hub ... nice.

The Bonti's that were in for a claim have been delivered to the Trek LBS around the corner from my office and I will collect tomorrow ... can't wait!

H

JB .... my head is spinning ... can you draw me a picture please or type up statements longer than one liners ?

Have done so plenty of times here search. Double butted and durable in the same sentence should bring it up.