Oscar Pistorius

Azonic

There is, of course, the small matter of him not actually qualifying for the Olympics either...

For someone that likes to portray himself as a practitioner of logic rather than emotion I should point out to you that repeating the same untruth over and over does not make it any truer... he qualified under pre-existing rules by achieving the B qualifying time and being selcted as a member of the relay team.... Emotional arguments on unfair advantage aside his selection was more than vindicated since, as an eligible athelete as per the global body, he was selected and performed well enough to makie the semi-finals! That would be the pinacle of many an athelete's career.

Anyway, that aside I agree he has scored a huge own-goal by protesting the other guys blades AFTER losing to him... Not very clever and he lost a lot of global goodwill. That said maybe this is the birth of a serious rivalry that will see public interest in para-sports outside of the olympics so could also be a case of no publicity is bad publicity...

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough audience, Oscar has apologized for his outburst made in the heat of the moment directly after his race, but yes lets crucify him.

Should he have run in both Olympics and Paralympics, while i might not believe so, Oscar did go through the process and it was approved, if he was given the go ahead why should he pass up the opportunity. It's not like he was barred and snuck onto the track and ran.

I am also dissapointed in his stance taken and do not fully agree with his qualification to compete,however,he did not make the rules and he is entitled to compete if he is allowed to.

I definitely do not agree with your rude and insulting opinion of him

1. Agreed - I didnt dispute
  2. No problem - it is my opinion and based on more than this incident

Tough audience, Oscar has apologized for his outburst made in the heat of the moment directly after his race, but yes lets crucify him.

I agree, he is a crybaby and a box

Ok, I did a search and I see this topic might have been addressed before.

I'd like to ask again amongst other sports people, do you or do you not believe that his carbon legs give him an unfair advantage?

What says you guys?

Seriously you wasting your own time mate. You came here and started a thread about the whole Oscar Pistorius situation. Now you got feedback and opinions from the hubbers. Who do you think you are with your your snot nose childish comments every time someones opinion is not in line with yours. You even want to point out that someone is an Asshole when they point out what an opinion is. Imagine what life would be like if we all had the same beliefs were the same.

I will stand in my Kumbaya corner with a fluffy blanket and whatever else goes with thinking Oscar deserved to be at the Olympics

If you cannot debate something then you should not be hanging around the hub because you are more than likely going to be offended on a daily basis

Serious thread is serious!

post-36275-0-85266800-1346758146.jpg

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/24400000/U-mad-bro-random-24458843-620-443.jpg

Seriously you wasting your own time mate. You came here and started a thread about the whole Oscar Pistorius situation. Now you got feedback and opinions from the hubbers. Who do you think you are with your your snot nose childish comments every time someones opinion is not in line with yours. You even want to point out that someone is an Asshole when they point out what an opinion is. Imagine what life would be like if we all had the same beliefs were the same.

I will stand in my Kumbaya corner with a fluffy blanket and whatever else goes with thinking Oscar deserved to be at the Olympics

If you cannot debate something then you should not be hanging around the hub because you are more than likely going to be offended on a daily basis

Again, and as always you are taking a dump right next to the toilet. Thanks for highlighting what I said though ("do you or do you not believe that his carbon legs give him an unfair advantage"). That, mate, is the debate I was and am after. I don't care to hear people arguments about giving him a break, letting him have the benefit of the doubt and other touchy/feely bullsh1t. Some people, and it seems you included, are incapable of taking a logical stance on the topic and prefer to muddy the water with emotional mumbo-jumbo.

Who do you think you are with your your snot nose childish comments every time someones opinion is not in line with yours.

Um, possibly because they keep answering and hammering a question I never asked.

Edited by Azonic

Oscar was the face of the Olympics - part of the big London & SASCOC PR exercises

He got in through a B qualifier and being part of the relay team.... we have better 400m runners

Naturally he was expected to win 3 golds and a possibly another in the relay at Paralympics

The dream got shattered after his world record in the semi-final

Imagine the dissapointment

He should be used to it, but the hype and the hero status possibly clouded his mind and he showed his true colours

its sad, and he lost a big following because of it

doubt he can ever rectify it, no matter ho many times he apologises

he forgot about the tough time he went through while the shoe was on the other foot

too much money and status = disaster waiting to happen

Again, and as always you are taking a dump right next to the toilet. Thanks for highlighting what I said though ("do you or do you not believe that his carbon legs give him an unfair advantage"). That, mate, is the debate I was and am after. I don't care to hear people arguments about giving him a break, letting him have the benefit of the doubt and other touchy/feely bullsh1t. Some people, and it seems you included, are incapable of taking a logical stance on the topic and prefer to muddy the water with emotional mumbo-jumbo.

Um, possibly because they keep answering and hammering a question I never asked.

Once again it is not inline with your opinion so its mumbo jumbo and not logical

Personally I think anyone who has more leg below the knee than Oscar has an unfair advantage over him

Did I enjoy his little tantrum in the past week, not at all.

I agree it left a sour taste in my mouth as well, but its the same as the Joost thing, people will label him a box because of his past and unfortunately there is no forgiveness from the typical SA sports fan. I am going to accept his apology because i have been a fan of his for a while and always hoped he would achieve his dream and i think its silly of people just to turn on him because after all he is human Edited by fabes

Oscar was the face of the Olympics - part of the big London & SASCOC PR exercises

He got in through a B qualifier and being part of the relay team.... we have better 400m runners

Who are these runners? names and best times in 2012 please.

Once again it is not inline with your opinion so its mumbo jumbo and not logical

O Gawd, there is no name for people like you. Please do me a favour. If you don't have anything logical to say, don't. Cause as much as I know I shouldn't reply to you I always end up replying, but trust me, you will be wasting your own time next time.

I agree it left a sour taste in my mouth as well, but its the same as the Joost thing, people will lable him a box because of his past and unfortunately there is no forgiveness from the typical SA sports fan. I am going to accept his apology because i have been a fan of his for a while and always hoped he would achieve his dream and i think its silly of people just to turn on him because after all he is human

Fabes, you are not helping the cause of growing our conspiracy to give each other likes.