Fritz Pienaar Paulshof boss

ShowDem

Threads like this is really pointless ...

FPC has been good to me, and I stay with them through ups & downs ... yes, downs - things are not always gonna work out the way you wanted. I've been to some of the LBSs mentioned here as the best ... and they gave me horrible service ...

I'm in consulting, and its amazing the things my customers expects from me - just because they pay me a fee ... they think they own me & I have to do backward summies if they snap there fingers ...

Maybe you think your LBS needs to do backward summies just because your R10 went to your head ...

Yes, there will always be ups and downs..... but trying to make an "extra" out of customers by adding the Mark up to a warranty claim?? i got told."its no longer 30% but 60%- that's the new warranty." luckily i had done some prior home work and when i heard the 60%, bells went off.... the distributor even asked me who the shop was as the distributor was miff that this shop was deviating from their warranty and ripping clients off.... while i don't expect LBS's to perform miracles.... is it reasonable to expect some honesty...??

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads like this is really pointless ...

FPC has been good to me, and I stay with them through ups & downs ... yes, downs - things are not always gonna work out the way you wanted. I've been to some of the LBSs mentioned here as the best ... and they gave me horrible service ...

I'm in consulting, and its amazing the things my customers expects from me - just because they pay me a fee ... they think they own me & I have to do backward summies if they snap there fingers ...

Maybe you think your LBS needs to do backward summies just because your R10 went to your head ...

I don't think expecting a shop to be open when they said it would be open is expecting a lot.

Fair enough the owner/manager thought he would close the shop due to the public holiday but then he can wait 15 minutes for his customer who was promised his wheel at 9 am the following day. He would of had happy staff (day off) and a happy customer...win win

Sorry guys have to agree with this post. I was a loyal FPC customer when it was run by Ruan, and bought bikes from him even though they wee cheaper overseas cause they were so damn good. Then one day about a year ago i took my road and MTN here for a service, one major, one minor. I went to collect and the guys had dropped, I repeat dropped, my bike on the way down the stairs. The chain stay and fork on the one side was seriously scratched. They offered to "polish" the damage out. I was thinking more like pay for respary (it was bad -I have photos). I told Fritz, and was going to take them back, but then I noticed that the major service on my Sworks was nothing more than a bike wash, and it had been here a week. I have waited until now to tell the story but if I can ensure every person on this forum doesn't go there I still wouldn't be satisfied. They destroyed one of my bikes and ripped me off by not doing tHe service they charged me for, and then they expect me to bring it all back in and let them fix. You only have one opportunity in this world to geet it right, and it's time some of these so called LBS went out of business from their poor performance. That's how my business works.

If you are looking for good high quality work in the area go to Josh at Cyclists Workshop across from the Indaba in the nursery. He does all my work and is great. I have sent all my mates there as well, and I hope FPC reads this as hat little incident cost them at least four customers I know of. And you wonder why they haven't got stock ? It's cause hey haven't got customers.

NEVER NEVER ACCEPT SHODDY SERVICE FROM ANYONE

You would be surprised at how much damage a thread like this will do to a shop.

I mean 7 out of 10 guys will now go somewhere else after reading this.

Bumped up to 8 out of 10 guys

I'm another ex fpc customer. Bike serviced, had to take it back. Gears not adjusted as requested. Another bike had to go back twice for the tubeless conversion due to leaking values. Been waiting months for a phone call from them on a warrantee claim, I've given up.

I've had pretty good service from them, the guys have been well informed and willing to do some homework on questions I've had, they are not my LBS, and they could do with more stock but I'll still support them. Way better service and attitude than Morningside and Solomons IMHO.

When Grant and Tim was still there it was a good store. They also dropped my bike and my Revelation shock got scratched which they refuted. Got Fritz involved and he resolved it and asked me to chat to the manager, he was not oerjoyed so left it. Still go there if my bikeis filthy -they have the best bike washer and Mike has a wicked sense of humor-just go there for him and they are cheap for a wash and Lube

When Grant and Tim was still there it was a good store. They also dropped my bike and my Revelation shock got scratched which they refuted. Got Fritz involved and he resolved it and asked me to chat to the manager, he was not oerjoyed so left it. Still go there if my bikeis filthy -they have the best bike washer and Mike has a wicked sense of humor-just go there for him and they are cheap for a wash and Lube

Real men wash their own bikes...

@Cavendish U can wash my bike then as well, will make u feel really manly. ;)

No problem, i charge R500 and use handy andy

A mere 15 minutes should never be a problem if it means keeping a customer.

Just look what 15 minutes has cost.

There may well be a minefield of reasons that things took the turn that they did. I dont know if you have given them a chance to explain their circumstances before actioning this thread.

Anyone used Dunkeld cycles? Down the road from my work so will probably use them from now on.