Chain Reaction Cycles.com

TREK@13

Hi

Has anyone bought MTB stuff on ChainReactionCycles.com?

See they have a big sale and some really cool merchandise!

Should I be carefull of buying anything on the site?

Cheers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy away.

I think there aren't many on this Forum who haven't bought from Chain Reaction Cycles.

I got a box of parts last week.

Be aware of 15% Duty on a complete bike, plus 14% Vat on the purchase price on top of that. And a R30 handling fee levied on all orders by the Post Office. So do your sums before you hit the "Order" button.

0% Duty on bike parts, just the 14% Vat and the R30.

Have a chat with your Local Bike Shop (he might not know the acronym) and see what they can do for you. never hurts to ask.

Edited by kandui

yeah and 40% duty on helmets and shoes...there are multiple threads with all the import duties categorised

Welcome to thehub treak@13. Do a search on the hub for "crc" or "chain reaction cycles". You are not the first to ask those questions. Try to get an order for over R3k and shipping will be free. If it is a bit steep, club in with some mates or fellow hubbers. The more you shop, the more you save!

Buy away.

I think there aren't many on this Forum who haven't bought from Chain Reaction Cycles.

I got a box of parts last week.

Be aware of 15% Duty on a complete bike, plus 14% Vat on the purchase price on top of that. And a R30 handling fee levied on all orders by the Post Office. So do your sums before you hit the "Order" button.

0% Duty on bike parts, just the 14% Vat and the R30.

Have a chat with your Local Bike Shop (he might not know the acronym) and see what they can do for you. never hurts to ask.

Its 10% handling fee + VAT + R30

Welcome to thehub treak@13. Do a search on the hub for "crc" or "chain reaction cycles". You are not the first to ask those questions. Try to get an order for over R3k and shipping will be free. If it is a bit steep, club in with some mates or fellow hubbers. The more you shop, the more you save!

Think its 2k for free shipping while the sale is on :thumbup:

Just try order more parts then helmet or clothing,they missed my helm & gloves in the order straight 14% :clap:

yeah they missed 2 helmets when a mate an i did an order....but i guess its swings and roundabouts in cases like that