Lost City 2012

Audible Anarchy

After a long winter of buggering round on the MTB instead of burning up the 5am Road rides from summer - Lost city coming up next weekend! Am i the only one who's gonna K@k bricks? :eek:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year was a bit congested coming back into sun city / narrow finish line due to people protesting / toyi -toyi'ng something or other. otherwise fine. but ja, its not totally closed off to traffic. Only the bigger ones like Amashova, Argus, 94.7 etc.. are fully closed off to traffic.

just keep your wits about you as with any time you ride your bike and you will be fine.

I'll be there! Going to suffer as well. Will be the first time I'm riding the new route so I'm not expecting miracle :mellow:

Its my valley (home) so doing a "secret" mtb warm up ride on Saturday for those who are keen to join.

Easy, slow, and scenic 30km

Few hills in the first half, then fast and flat! Unless they have made some major changes to the route. Will fish and find out.

It's more of a meander through the bush surrounding Sun City. A bit of riding of the golf car roads on the Golf Course, and a bit of riding through the Game Reserve.

Not much in it, but still a nice ride.

Just in from a reliable source. Will be almost exactly the same route as last year, but they might change the direction, but not confirmed as of yet.

If you just want to ride 115km for fun, I suppose it will be fine.

But if you want to race for a position, the many, many big speedhumbs and even stopping for a passing train are not so great.

Last year they "only toyi toyied" but the Implats hostles are far from peacefull at the moment.

After 7 years I skip this one!

Until they have Road Rangers or TB marshalling, I will sit it out. Year before last I had a scary incident with a kid trying to push me off my bike so unless there are marshalls doing route patrols like at Fast One etc, I am not coming near that race.

I'm doing 5150 on the 25th so gonna give this a miss this year. but yes at the moment with winter coming to an end and not much cycling done up to now anything like this is gonna be hard and painful work

The registration is a bit of a pain, currently I am residing in Carletonville, now to I have to drive around 120km one way on either Monday or Tuesday to register is quite a hassle. Now it is during office hours when the majority of us are working.Then if I cant make it on Monday or Tuesday to drive close to 200km one way on Friday just to register is also a bit much. Also to stay for the weekend is too much.