marsbeetle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this boytjie...

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n546/mylesmayhew2409/e887f114.jpg

I'm sorry but that new trance looks like its been hit head on with a bus, its by far the ugliest bike I've seen in a while (thats ignoring the fact its a wagon)

It actually looks good in the flesh, dude. On a small frame, it looks a bit miff, but on an m or l it looks good

Yeah to that !thumbup1.gif

YAAAAAY! Put a deposit down on one of these bad boys this morning. 2010 model. DHX5.0 air rear.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/bikes/models/zooms/2010/Reign%20X%20Frame_GE_GU_72dpi.jpg

YAAAAAY! Put a deposit down on one of these bad boys this morning. 2010 model. DHX5.0 air rear.

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_upload_us/bikes/models/zooms/2010/Reign%20X%20Frame_GE_GU_72dpi.jpg

Nice... exact same colour?

I like this boytjie...

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/n546/mylesmayhew2409/e887f114.jpg

Holy poloni, that head angle look steep!

Guest Omega Man

OMG! What a coincidence. I have one exactly like that. Mine is so pimp with the gold straitline levers, Gold Joplin seatpost and my matching grey and green helmet that I'm thinking of changing my name to Gator.

Gator's bitches better be using johnies!!

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

You lost all credibility when you used "joplin" and "pimp" in the same sentence...

Lots to learn you have, young padawan.

Pimp is about looking good. Functionality is another thing altogether. Hence the fur coats in Miami. And while the joplin leaks oil like my jeep used to it still looks damn good.

Next year when my cheque from my sponsor (SARS Refund) comes through I'm gonna bust out with some Hope M4's. In the meantime I'm gonna spring for some floating rotors (green spider) and some green bars and a nice swanky SDG seat in black and well. green.

Edited by Omega Man

Pimp is about looking good. Functionality is another thing altogether. Hence the fur coats in Miami. And while the joplin leaks oil like my jeep used to it still looks damn good.

Next year when my cheque from my sponsor (SARS Refund) comes through I'm gonna bust out with some Hope M4's. In the meantime I'm gonna spring for some floating rotors (green spider) and some green bars and a nice swanky SDG seat in black and well. green.

M4's... well worth it!

as for foating rotors in green. I'm guesisng that unless SARS and Hope sponsor you, they're some other brand (like Clark's or Superstar). If so, just be aware that they develop play between the spider and the outter.

M4's... well worth it!

as for foating rotors in green. I'm guesisng that unless SARS and Hope sponsor you, they're some other brand (like Clark's or Superstar). If so, just be aware that they develop play between the spider and the outter.

Patches are they actually coming loose or apart then?

Guest Omega Man

M4's... well worth it!

I've got hope floating rotors and V2's on my dh bike. 57 Euro each for the rotors in Morzine. Ouch. It doesn't sound so bad when you say the number in Euro instead of Ront.

But ja. They will be coming from superstar.

Edited by Omega Man

Patches are they actually coming loose or apart then?

The rivits that connect the spider to the outter, become slightly loose/ovalized from braking, and so the play develops.

Not 100% sure about the Superstars, but 2-D had a Clark's that did this.

I've got hope floating rotors and V2's on my dh bike. 57 Euro each for the rotors in Morzine. Ouch. It doesn't sound so bad when you say the number in Euro instead of Ront.

But ja. They will be coming from superstar.

I'm guessing that was for regulars. If you got venteds for that price, it's a bargain. Regulars... pricey compared to what I paid (R340 each for 203mm Hope floatings), but still cheaper than the LBSers

Edited by patches

Guest Omega Man

I'm guessing that was for regulars. If you got venteds for that price, it's a bargain. Regulars... pricey compared to what I paid (R340 each for 203mm Hope floatings), but still cheaper than the LBSers

Actually. Come to think of it I think I paid 40 Euro. (The shop closest to the Pleney lift) The vented ones were 57 at a shop in Les Gets but I didn't think it was worth the extra cost and weight. Plus 17 Euro buys a lot of beer in a supermarket over there.