SPD SPD-R SPD-SL

PokerFace

Donno ! I think the roadies and weight weenies will have a lot to say about it . I had a look at the XTR and LX BB cap-bearing yesterday at the LBS . I even took my glasses out and could still not see any difference between the two except for the price .

Okay, this is how I ermember it.

SPD = Shimano mountain bike pedals

SPD-R = Like the MTB pedals but only single sided intended for road

SPD-SL = The new road pedals. Almost look like "Look".

I somehow doubt the 3 cleats are compatible.

SPD..

20080115_235239_shimano-spd-cle.jpg

SPD-R..

20080115_235305_spd_rclt.jpg

and an SPD-SL..

20080115_235340_cleatbadspdsl.jpg

SPD is really for mountainbiking, or general purpose use. The SPD-SL is Shimanos version of the Look road pedal, which is actually a very good peadal. And the SPD-R is the older road pedal that was replaced by the SL pedal and cleat. I havnt seen them for a while.

I somehow doubt the 3 cleats are compatible.

SPD..

SPD-R..

and an SPD-SL..

20080115_235340_cleatbadspdsl.jpg

SPD is really for mountainbiking' date=' or general purpose use. The SPD-SL is Shimanos version of the Look road pedal, which is actually a very good peadal. And the SPD-R is the older road pedal that was replaced by the SL pedal and cleat. I havnt seen them for a while.
[/quote']

Ag shame. Imagine being labelled a "bad cleat". I wonder what it did. Maybe broke a window while playing cricket. Or told a lie. Wonder if it got send to its room without dinner.