2013 Cape Argus Pick n Pay Cycle Tour

CycleTourWebbie

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered myself and my 2 boys.

13 year old will be doing his second one on his own bike and says he's not going to wait for his little brother again. 11 year old did his first one on the tandem with me and will be doing this one on his own bike and reckon his older brother better look out or he's going to get overhauled on Chappies.

Btw, I have to agree that the new entry system was an absolute pleasure to use. (The old one drove me to tears of frustration.)

Edited by DJR

Entered myself and my 2 boys.

13 year old will be doing his second one on his own bike and says he's not going to wait for his little brother again. 11 year old did his first one on the tandem with me and will be doing this one on his own bike and recon his older brother better look out or he's going to get overhauled on Chappies.

Team DJR growing up!

Awesome.

So how come my mate says his receipt reads "11 March 2012"?

You gonna ride the biggest timed cycling event in the world, LeTurbo?...

You gonna ride the biggest timed cycling event in the world, LeTurbo?...

Decisions, decisions ... the one time I didn't ride, I got so damn pissed off and jealous at everyone else. So I guess I will, Puncheur. As long as I don't cramp like last year, from around Smitswinkel. I'll drink Coke and eat Rennies all the way! Good luck with your race (you won't see me at the start 'cos I'll be waaaaaaaaay behind.)

Decisions, decisions ... So I guess I will, Puncheur. As long as I don't cramp like last year, from around Smitswinkel. I'll drink Coke and eat Rennies all the way! Good luck with your race (you won't see me at the start 'cos I'll be waaaaaaaaay behind.)

Yay!

Bring on one of those ol' Italian classic machines.

i enter and it was very easy,well done to cycle tour chaps

is it our money that paid for the improvements?

good to see my money i doing good things :clap:

Edited by Kaka'

Done. Was not even in the queue. Took me 2 minutes to enter. 2013 will be my second, and this time I am taking Rennies with and training in a group, not alone.

Any groups in the Strand area? I know about the WannaB's, but want to know if there are others?

Edited by Moridin

BTW, I see next year you would not need a CSA day or annual license to ride. Probably because of the PPA/CSA debacle.

As predicted, I did it last night. No queue, quick-quick... and then they had to go and get some timeout on my payment... which my bank did not know about! So I've paid, but I haven't entered. So now it's me and the cycletour offices to sort that mess out. Email already sent, but expect them to have some more emails to deal with today.

That after this year's debacle makes me think I should go ride something else that weekend! To top it off, this morning I was taking out what I thought was a white t-shirt... and it turned out to be my Tour of Storms t-shirt. All kinds of omens. :cursing:

As predicted, I did it last night. No queue, quick-quick... and then they had to go and get some timeout on my payment... which my bank did not know about! So I've paid, but I haven't entered. So now it's me and the cycletour offices to sort that mess out. Email already sent, but expect them to have some more emails to deal with today.

That after this year's debacle makes me think I should go ride something else that weekend! To top it off, this morning I was taking out what I thought was a white t-shirt... and it turned out to be my Tour of Storms t-shirt. All kinds of omens. :cursing:

Hope you have no DNF in 2013, Seabee...

:thumbup:

And you, Spat!

:thumbup:

Done. Was not even in the queue. Took me 2 minutes to enter. 2013 will be my second, and this time I am taking Rennies with and training in a group, not alone.

Any groups in the Strand area? I know about the WannaB's, but want to know if there are others?

im in somerset west...

im in somerset west...

Maybe we can hook up for some rides to Rooi Els. BTW, I am not that fast so I might be a frustrating cycling partner to be with. But I need somebody that would be able to get me off my jack!