Anyone know how to Bleed Hayes Stroker?

Dorpie

I have a set of Hayes Stroker Ryde Hydraulic Brakes and they are not doing so well, when I pull the bake lever the piston take for ever to kick back. In the mean time I have to ride around with floppy levers till it decides to sort its self out.

I have had a chat to my bike shop where i bought the bike and they have suggested that i take the whole lot off and send it down to Cycles Africa in CPT but that means I do not have brakes for a month while they sort it out and post it back.

Is there anyone in JHB who knows of or who can do this or is there a way I can do it myself (pretty Tech Savvy)?

Had the same problem, had to install a service kit for the piston. Very expensive though, ended up swopping to Shimano brakes.

You will have to put a new kit in that brake. At least on the lever side. Yu may even need a new reservoir cap bellows too. The rubber in Hayes brakes turns to jelly after a couple of years and a simple bleed won't do the job.

I have the spares in stock and I'm close to you. Contact me if you need help. johanatyellowsaddledotceeodotzeda