Absolute shocking behaviour from SASCOC

slabs

Shame on the lot of them!

It makes my blood boil when I see Gideon Sam on shows like Supercycling!

A 400k dinner bill? What's all the more heartbreaking is that NONE of us are the least bit surprised. It's normal for us to hear of things like this.

Heartbreaking for our sports men and women. Shameful on the part of the administrators.

Just plain sad for the rest of us.

Oh, and how on earth did Mr Sam ever come to be head of swim SA let alone SASCOC?

Just as bad as that fat toad Balfour, who was mInister of Sport. The only sport he played was stuffing gravy laden f$ckin donuts in his fat toad face.

Disgraceful show.

Rant off - deep breathing -*sigh*

Yeah, the okes are on a jackpot at the moment.

http://www.blackborder.com/q/sites/default/files/images/gravytrain_0.preview.jpg

Not sure how true, but the USA team gets no government funding or Lotto $'s and relies on private sponsorships.

It irritates me that SASCOC can decide if one can go to Olympics or not. Why can one not go if you reach qualifying standards and are willing to find your own funds or sponsorships? As mentioned the gravy train is more important than results.

where there is a buck to had...a greedy politician is not far away

as has been said before

in the first world rich people become politicians, while in the third world people become politicians to become rich

Read this article from Graham Joffee: http://www.sport24.c...-sport-20120820

Also see response from one of the SAScoc members - Kobus Marais - in the comments section.

Wow Joffe - I am impressed, never thought you could come up with something as serious as this. Well written piece with plenty of ammo.

Doubt though Mr Sam will be back for any inteviews any time soon.

Sad state of affairs indeed

Read this article from Graham Joffe: http://www.sport24.c...-sport-20120820

Also see response from one of the SASCOC members - Kobus Marais - in the comments section.

Saw that, and how he accuses Joffe of something then does exactly the same thing.

Does not engender much faith/respect in the DA, mind you few if any politicians ever have.

I do like Gabrielle's response to him though, would interesting to see his response. If any.

Lets not also forget the last paraolympics where a bloated amount of officials all traveled business/1st class and the athletes were all crammed into economy.

While Graeme Joffe touches on so many possibly valid points, his article is a rant rather investigative journalism. It makes it easy for the Gravy Trainers to dismiss him.

I would like to know factual details. For example, the R400k. how many people attended 4 or 400, who was it for, what was the purpose, where was it held? Different answers will give us very different opinions on what actually transpired.

Don't say that all the officials travelled first class and the athletes were in economy. Tell us the flight date, how many officials, how many in first class, how many athletes.

Yes facts are boring but they do reveal a more accurate version of the truth. If he doesn't have the skills then pass the information on to someone who can do the proper investigative journalism.

While Graeme Joffe touches on so many possibly valid points, his article is a rant rather investigative journalism. It makes it easy for the Gravy Trainers to dismiss him.

I would like to know factual details. For example, the R400k. how many people attended 4 or 400, who was it for, what was the purpose, where was it held? Different answers will give us very different opinions on what actually transpired.

Don't say that all the officials travelled first class and the athletes were in economy. Tell us the flight date, how many officials, how many in first class, how many athletes.

Yes facts are boring but they do reveal a more accurate version of the truth. If he doesn't have the skills then pass the information on to someone who can do the proper investigative journalism.

He's a columnist, and a column is just that, to touch on valid points.

Lets hope some of the investigative journalists do pick up with this column and run with it. They have the platform to work from at least.