Whats a nice width and rise for Bars on an All Mountain MTB?

Skylark

Just my 2c, I am very happy with the Deity Dirty30 bars at 760mm wide and 25mm rise. I had Truvativ Boobars, but at 780mm wide and 20mm rise I found them just just too low and too wide, even though I'm quite a big dude.

The Deity bars are pure bling - get them at www.dialdbikes.co.za

It's all personal preference.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ye way pricey,but then ive never spent more then 300 rondt on bars :lol: .Nice octanes for 180 rondt @ CRC,only 710 wide tho .

Got my Brave Monster bars for R 200 on CRC. 750mm!

Got my Brave Monster bars for R 200 on CRC. 750mm!

Right on Bos, i almost bought them,but wanted green or blue bars.Might get those braves next order :thumbup:

710 seems like a nice compromise between very wide and too narrow

I think between 725-745 prob best for most AM/FR'ers :thumbup:

Edited by 2Nutz

LOL! Poser! :P

Dont say it so loud bro,ive got a tappet image to uphold :w00t:

Na just the green /blue seatpost & bars would finish my trance colour scheme off nicely.

But not essential,im a price/function over fashion type of holes in shoes skater/biker ^_^

Edited by 2Nutz

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up.....

If you have pretty narrow bars currently and well fitted cabling , ie cables not wildly flapping in the wind , when you go supa wide on the bars you may need new shifter cables.....and brake hoses. Eeish!

Something to consider if you rebuilding your bike and want very wide bars or if you just going wider on your current setup. Nothing like the joy of new parts going flat on its face after you strip everything off and then realize its all to short.

Fark

My newly fitted teflon jagwire shifter cables are now going to have to enter the bin area , is there any worse irritation than the basic upgrade that becomes the greatly more expensive than anticipated upgrade ?

But they will probably fit my cousins Shova and her cables are currently jiggard so they can probably be recycled.

Just a heads up.....

If you have pretty narrow bars currently and well fitted cabling , ie cables not wildly flapping in the wind , when you go supa wide on the bars you may need new shifter cables.....and brake hoses. Eeish!

Something to consider if you rebuilding your bike and want very wide bars or if you just going wider on your current setup. Nothing like the joy of new parts going flat on its face after you strip everything off and then realize its all to short.

Fark

My newly fitted teflon jagwire shifter cables are now going to have to enter the bin area , is there any worse irritation than the basic upgrade that becomes the greatly more expensive than anticipated upgrade ?

But they will probably fit my cousins Shova and her cables are currently jiggard so they can probably be recycled.

LOL that just happend with my bmx.Put 9"bars on now giro needs a new cable...

Time to go brakeless :lol:

Just a heads up.....

Fark

Yeah, it happened to me too a couple of months ago. Just going up 40mm and the brake hoses were too short.

Yeah, it happened to me too a couple of months ago. Just going up 40mm and the brake hoses were too short.

Yip ...I went wider bars and longer travel fork at the same time

Also keep in mind that with a wider bar it is not a bad idea to fit a shorter stem to ensure your reach and riding position stays the same.

• 3 years later...

sheesh i am riding 800mm wide bars on my Nomad with a 50mm stem, ride very tight twisty single track and never have any problems, took me a while to get use to the super wide bars but now i cant ride anything else. rode a  mates bike with 70mm bars and felt like i was going to fall on my face.

Hi all, where does one find the Renthal bars?

regards

glen

Got mine via the Interweb at Chain Reaction