MTB'ing as a single rider

durbanjacques

Hi Hubbers, what trails in and around Joburg can be done as a single rider. I recently started riding again but none of my mates ride. And I am now tired of doing base training on the road. So where can I go that would be safe enough with at least some technical sections to build up some skills. I have done the MTN park a couple of times but now it is time for something new.

Northern farm, Modderfontein, Rietvlei, Thaba.

Come on Scotty! We are only allowed to be helpful on page 2 of the fred. The first page is reserved for typical hub answers! ;)

I rode the new tracks at Northern Farms today. They need a bit of riding in but they are awesome. The nice little technical rock garden is a nice compliment to the tracks that they have there already

I consider the Spruit "safe enough", meaning it's possible something can happen but it's reasonably highly trafficked and a enjoyable ride, especially in Spring. Where are you riding from?

Thanks guys I live in Fourways so I think I will try northern farm tomorrow . Oh and I have tried to convince my mates but it's nearly impossible to get them off the golf course at the best of times :)

Did Modderfontein on my own today no problem. Nice riding. Will be at N Farm tomorrow which I regularly ride on my own. Just be careful. Riding there i.e. accessing it via routes from Fourways is always bit dodgy unless you stick to major roads or are with mates. Spruit is also full of single riders, again be aware.

Come on Scotty! We are only allowed to be helpful on page 2 of the fred. The first page is reserved for typical hub answers! ;)

Oops too soon then :unsure: , my bad :w00t:

Get a pepper spray just incase someone tries to give problem , I'm in the north of Pretoria we have awesome tracks this side I mostly ride alone but sometimes I'm with a friend of mine.

The cycle park in Bryanston would be the only place i'd ride alone. A major mechanical or a broken wrist for example is a crappy one if you are vrek far from your car. The cycle park is not that big and you can quickly walk back to the clubhouse.

If you do venture out and a solo ride always tell somebody where you are going and carry a cellphone with you containing the number of the clubhouse if there is one.

Also have an ICE number on your phone as well as on paper in your pocket or backpack.

ICE is In Case of Emergency.