26/27.5/29 Mega Merge Thread.

Tieffels

They are different tools for different jobs, in SA very few guys ride the sort of tight twisty steep technical trails that they have in Europe, we ride Marathons and at the most manicured single track a la Sani 2 C, for this 29ers rule regardless of your size. Most Saffers don't understand, or want slightly heavier 'Trail Bikes' where 650b is a more maneuverable weapon. 650b is for XC racers in lightweight Hardtail form or longer travel trail bikes for hucking off stuff.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got prices for these bikes?

Yup...

Titan Pro 650b ... R16k

post-4352-0-57991500-1346144085.jpg

Titan 650b Trail ... R7k

post-4352-0-65554400-1346144100.jpg

Titan 650b Sport ... R6k

post-4352-0-87521500-1346144098.jpg

Edited by Tankman

Summed up well. First thing to remember that all the pro's and con's are relative. ALL of them. 26" Picks up speed and momentum quickest - but looses it quickest as well More agile - less stable at speed going straight-ish Can tune chainstay length to pretty much anything thanks to smaller wheel Years and years and years of R&D and refinement. Strongest wheelset relative to weight Can run any amount of travel and still have sorted geo Smallest contact patch and therefor grip 27.5" Sit in the middle when it comes to acceleration Can run bigger wheels and still have lots of travel Although not quite in the middle of the two wheelsizes it does offer a great blend of "best of both worlds" ...but...does that not mean it also does not excel in any one given area? 29" Weakest wheel relative to weight Most stable at speed thanks in part to longer wheelbase (all things being equal) Biggest tyre contact patch yields most grip Least agile and maneuverable For now 130/140mm travel is where it will run out of development potential Keeps momentum best, but takes longest to get up to speed

I like :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...