My wife hates my cycling

W@nna-BE

I need one... We're also getting a running pram for him, so that when he's ready we (she) can take him for runs...

give me a shout and you can borrow mine to try out - he'll love it!

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked at the Jeep one the other day. Rugged, big wheels (with real air) and not badly priced at all. Will definitely be getting it, or one just like it...

DONT ! we have had Two and when i boys out grew them i burnt them ! **** i tell you **** , they dont last and you paying for the name.

Get the Jeep one :thumbup:

you should also look at one of these bike trailor things that i have. It can be used for running and cycling and it is full weather proof.

The problem tho is that they not very portable so its not just a matter of loading up in the car EVERY time and it can only be used for running or cycling. That is why i bought a Caddy recently :thumbup:

Sorry i am not derailing the thread i am just stating how we made our lives easier as a Married couple :)

trailers and singletrack does not mix well.

DONT ! we have had Two and when i boys out grew them i burnt them ! **** i tell you **** , they dont last and you paying for the name.

What do you mean, i love the jeep pram it has a beer holder

HAHAH!!! Would go 2nd hand dude. I know the prams etc are farking overpriced...

trailers and singletrack does not mix well.

wouldn't be taking it on singletrack... It'd buck him straight out of the thing! Thinking more like family rides in Tokai etc.

At the Modders ride my other half was the only spouse to join the ride.

I win. Thanks for playing...

Eldron came second because his was waiting for him.

:P

I wake up, slap the wife on the arse, say " Riding time, you or the bike?" She replies "What tyre pressure you want?"

How about both?

Wish I had the time now to read through all the comments - the few I have seen are really good and I can comment from both sides...

My 2c for now…I do agree that woman (and men) can seem unreasonable sometimes (some more than other), but I cannot ever see that I won’t let my partner go cycling or go to gym or go for a beer with mates or or if he also invest the same ‘effort’ into me/us.

It is true {@Iron's words} about the “if you say you will be back in 4hours, then

be back in 4 hours”…personally, I am not very unreasonable so if 4hours are

close to being past and you foresee you are going to be ‘late’ – just let your

partner know, it shows respect {@Iron's words} “and she won’t sit/lie around and wait for you” so she will feel less like she wasted time! [Wasting time upsets me the most, not the fact that my partner is out cycling (or whatever).] And yes, {@Iron's words} “then she/he will trust you next time you want to go do something again”…

Finally – it is VERY important that both parties have ‘hobbies’ they desire to go do as often as possible. Luckily for me it is also cycling, if my partner is into cycling too (can’t see me choosing anyone that won’t be, but anyway) I won’t want to go ride with him all the time either – I like meeting new people and going somewhere with your partner sometimes confines one from doing that (as you are basically in the same bubble the whole time) – this was very difficult to explain to my previous boyfriend and it was an issue between us.

Tell her that cycling increases your libido and makes you horny

Then make passionate love to her every time you get back from your ride

WOW that is wishful thinking