[Event] Race The Rhino At Van Gaalens On Rhino Day!

Darling Brew Extreme MTB

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see the tick! Must've been while out mtbing.. Cause I have a bite and all the symptoms! And it's crap :(

So who raced and who stayed in bed because of the weather?

I rode with my wife and used it as a warm up for next week's SSWC - what a lekker route they put together, really enjoyed it!

My poor wife crashed 3 times (once off one of the cattle grate bridges) and had 2 flats; but she soldiered on and finished strong.

I drove out in the rain - road was slow, so missed the start of the 50 k's which was just as well since I had a few flashbacks of cycling in the mud at VG so took my bottle of vino I ordered, and diverted to Groenies for a bit of mtb action. There seemed to be a bit pile of no-shows at registration.

Edited by kosmonooit

My poor wife crashed 3 times (once off one of the cattle grate bridges) and had 2 flats; but she soldiered on and finished strong.

Hope the experience made her stronger! Those cattle grate bridges are a good exercise in commitment. Tubes or tubeless?

So who raced and who stayed in bed because of the weather?

I rode with my wife and used it as a warm up for next week's SSWC - what a lekker route they put together, really enjoyed it!

Did the 15km & had a blast.

Hope your wife's ok ;)

Great route! Marking was a little poor though.

Had a lot of fun.

Agreed it was a fun ride but the route markings sucked.

Two punctures, lost a bolt on the rear brake caliper and a silly fall that hurt my shoulder. What a jol though, was a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

Great race - had a huge amount of fun in the mud :) good route too.

Magnetic - that would be me who hit the cow ;) don't think anyone had a gopro on them.

Great to see divernick, skandalis and smolster

Great race - had a huge amount of fun in the mud :) good route too.

Magnetic - that would be me who hit the cow ;) don't think anyone had a gopro on them.

Great to see divernick, skandalis and smolster

Did your pedal make it? Or more importantly, did you?

Ja I did thanks.

Definitely need to find some new cleats. The mud was hectic and was jamming my gears. Had one puncture and after hitting that cow I was pretty sore - but I made it.

Hope your ride was good!