TokaiMTB: Table Mountain MTB Forum (TMMTB)

(Deon)

Since Tokai is still closed, is the link between Lower Tokai / the greenbelts and Silvermine not functional? 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Tokai is still closed, is the link between Lower Tokai / the greenbelts and Silvermine not functional? 

While Tokai is closed, there is no link other than the tar up ou kaaps, sorry (hence the determination to have the place open early.. like September, October, November even!)

• 1 month later...

So enjoying the new Newlands /Kirstenbosch extension and to date have had no negative interaction with Hikers and Dog walkers....However Have passed a couple of mtbikers going hell for leather down the Gravel  trail sections.................................... this can only lead to trouble

Reading the Bicycling magazine online review 

The Wow Rides – Kirstenbosch MTB Trails

http://www.bicycling.co.za/training-nutrition/featured-rides/wow-rides-kirstenbosch-mtb-trails/

(section of the article as printed)

Take your time, breathe in the fresh air and savour the incredible beauty.  Nothing here is manicured – instead, the route follows the natural flow and layout of the existing tracks. There’s a portage section too, and while some will attempt to ride it (nobody has made it down successfully yet) it’s safer and easier to dismount and walk the 100m section. After the portage is where things really start to get tough as you climb your way up to Constantia Nek. The many climbs have just as many fast and furious descents not to mention a plethora of single tracks to keep your heart racing and skills in check.

mmmm  "many fast and furious descents...not to mention a plethora of single tracks"

Which trails are you riding mr Borrill

my edits for punctuation and spelling:)

Edited by HowardSteele

Cool, thanks Deon. Huge ups for all the hard work you guys have put in!  :clap:  :clap:

Agreed- a big thanks to all involved!!

Enjoyed the section from Newlands via Kirstenbosch to Constantia Nek on to the green belts.

Came across friendly dog walkers, runners and had a chat to some while

catching my breath on the climbs.

That portage section is brutal!! - I even struggle walking

it

Edited by Bloukrans

it

So whats the Difference between an ali frame and a CF frame...Ask anyone who has carried his bike up the Portage, LOL

Agreed- a big thanks to all involved!!

Enjoyed the section from Newlands via Kirstenbosch to Constantia Nek on to the green belts.

Came across friendly dog walkers, runners and had a chat to some while

catching my breath on the climbs.

it

Yoh Bloukrans. Same experience on that section of trail. Really enjoyed and everyone seemed pretty friendly. Made sure I slow down and even stopped to the doggy gangs amazement. AND that portage is total madness to attempt.