SRAM X0 triggers broken

Whatsup!

Hi

I have 2012 SRAM X0 triggers, but I broke the rear trigger by pushing it too far (all my fault I know)

What I would like to know is whether I need to buy a whole new trigger or can I fix it with new parts?

Hi

I have 2012 SRAM X0 triggers, but I broke the rear trigger by pushing it too far (all my fault I know)

What I would like to know is whether I need to buy a whole new trigger or can I fix it with new parts?

the actual lever or internals?

LBS, I had the same Problem with my Sram X9 Left shifter, It just needed to be stripped and cleaned. Haven't had a problem with it since.

Mine and my mates done the same sent them in was told that there was a batch problem,,,,they "could be" replaced by the factory we waited soooo long eventually bought new xt while we were waiting, eventually got them back with a crazy repair bill. Honestly always been a Xo man

But you can't compare the two, the xt has much better

Responsive feel to it, and you don't have the Xo bleeding issues,

Mine and my mates done the same sent them in was told that there was a batch problem,,,,they "could be" replaced by the factory we waited soooo long eventually bought new xt while we were waiting, eventually got them back with a crazy repair bill. Honestly always been a Xo man

But you can't compare the two, the xt has much better

Responsive feel to it, and you don't have the Xo bleeding issues,

Umm... are you talking about brakes?

...cos the only bleeding related to X0 triggers I've had is when I've messed up dirt jumping and my knee hits the shifter and starts to bleed.

Sure this is the part that broke on your shifter. Had the same problem and it seems to be a weak point in the SRAM shifters. Made my own replacement and it worked ok for a while. Ended up just replacing the shifter.

http://www.sicklines.com/tech/howto/sram-x9-shifter-rebuild/

http://www.sicklines.com/technical-images/x9-shifter/11.jpghttp://www.sicklines.com/technical-images/x9-shifter/cast.jpg

My spring unhooked. My mate opened it up, cleaned it out, reattached the spring and Bob's your Auntie in a pink frilly dress...

Thanks for all the help and tips.

Looks like a trip to the LBS to check if it is the spring or a broken bit.

Hopefully just the spring!

Guest Omega Man

Thanks for all the help and tips.

Looks like a trip to the LBS to check if it is the spring or a broken bit.

Hopefully just the spring!

I've had a shifter cable that had partially snapped so bits of wire were inside the shifter. opened it up and used pliers to yank the bits of wire out. That sorted my prob. It's probly something small like that or the spring.

• 2 weeks later...