Another cyclist down in the Cradle

Bonus

RIP :-(

Deepest sympathies to the family.

Respect to the guys and girls that tried their best to revive him.

From what they were saying at the scene, he felt unwell, stopped and sat on the verge for a while, phoned his wife to fetch him but then suffered a fatal heart attack.

We arrived there 20 min after the ambulance was first called and it was at least another ten mins before a paramedic bakkie arrived. By then it was too late and the folks trying to revive him had stopped. his wife and half a dozen more emergency vehicles arrived a short while later. When we rode back past there a 45mins later there were quite a few family members there with her.

This, and the heart attack fatality 3 weeks ago has certainly highlighted how far away from medical responce you are if you ride out there alone :-(

It was not an accident...The cyclist had a heart attack...The Cradle is a very popular, quite safe area for cycling with cycling lanes...

RIP, really sad.

But can we maybe learn from this, we all seriously need to know our medical status, and I don't mean ye we look healthy,

Year full medical check up, even when excercising regularly.

G

:( Deepest condolences to the family & friends left behind. I pray that God will comfort them at this time

RIP, really sad.

But can we maybe learn from this, we all seriously need to know our medical status, and I don't mean ye we look healthy,

Year full medical check up, even when excercising regularly.

G

Agreed, and also, if possible....go and do a proper basic First Aid course. Even if it means becoming a first aid rep at your company. My dad had a medical emergency on Monday last, and I was able to help him, because of a basic course I did.