Should the public boycott banned athlete Lance Armstrong's sponsors?

Lucky Luke.

Should the public be boycotting Oakley, Nike, Trek and other sponsors supporting convicted doping cheats?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. See poll title, yes or no.

• Hell Yes
    • Hell No

people tend to see things in black and white, and in the mean time there is an sea of infinite grey shades. Why limit yourself to either black or white? they are outliers, and should statistically be disregarded ;)

S&M with a coloured chick?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people tend to see things in black and white, and in the mean time there is an sea of infinite grey shades. Why limit yourself to either black or white? they are outliers, and should statistically be disregarded ;)

What rot! There are only 50.

Lance didn't...

Well Technically... he did... until its proven otherwise... he is still clean in my view!

You guys are media ducklings... following the hype in a nice little row... believing all the twists and turns.... thats cool!... you make my day entertaining... thanx :clap:

:stupid:

Verb:

• Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.

Edited by Tumbleweed

Cycling is the only loser here, Lance has never been proved guilty! Boycotting these sponsors is not going to change anything!!

Well Technically... he did... until its proven otherwise... he is still clean in my view!

What rock have you guys been hiding under? He ran away like a scared little coyote when he had the chance to prove his innocence in front of a panel from AAA. He knew he could not and you fell for it. Probably cos of the brand of glasses you are wearing while stroking your yellow bangle sitting in your ugly black kit with 28 on the back.

At least Big Tex chose that number well. An ironic piss take on his fanboys perhaps?

What rock have you guys been hiding under? He ran away like a scared little coyote when he had the chance to prove his innocence in front of a panel from AAA. He knew he could not and you fell for it. Probably cos of the brand of glasses you are wearing while stroking your yellow bangle sitting in your ugly black kit with 28 on the back.

At least Big Tex chose that number well. An ironic piss take on his fanboys perhaps?

haha... where you been hiding? I thought you did the "ignore" function... not working out for you eh?

Still... there is not fact in your little tirade... again you missed out the salient points... but I have come to expect that from you guys...

Go Lance Go!!! :clap: :clap:

Interesting to see that most of you feel that there is no need for a boycott.

Two things spring to mind, firstly, would you guys boycott a brand if you did not believe in their business model, eg a brand that supports sweatshops ?

Secondly and more importantly, what would you do to stand up for something you believe in if a company is doing something you do not agree with ? Or do you not do anything because you are one vs many ?

Interesting to see that most of you feel that there is no need for a boycott.

Two things spring to mind, firstly, would you guys boycott a brand if you did not believe in their business model, eg a brand that supports sweatshops ?

Secondly and more importantly, what would you do to stand up for something you believe in if a company is doing something you do not agree with ? Or do you not do anything because you are one vs many ?

Soooo...are you going to boycot Woolies because they do not consider employing whites anymore??

Soooo...are you going to boycot Woolies because they do not consider employing whites anymore??

I am undecided if woolies did anything wrong. So for now, based on that question, no.

But the questions I asked still remain. Would you boycott a brand if you dont believe in their business model. And, do you even believe in boycotting a company to stand up for your principles (the two are essentially the same question).

When last did you see a whitey in a woolworths....

didnt know they ever employed whites.

Doesnt matter to me...Dont like a companies employment strategy...dont work there are start your own company and never have to deal with that sort of behaviour again.

I have other options besides woolworths.

And yes, i still do my weekly shopping there...

EDIT : but if lance worked at woolworths...i would boycott there steaks.

Edited by Wayne Potgieter

I am undecided if woolies did anything wrong. So for now, based on that question, no.

But the questions I asked still remain. Would you boycott a brand if you dont believe in their business model. And, do you even believe in boycotting a company to stand up for your principles (the two are essentially the same question).

Interesting dilemma....

Depends how strong my beliefs are...and how badly i NEED the said product...

Take SHELL for example....will not willingly fill up at their station . (because I strongly belief the fracking issue is a potential env disaster! SHELL only did the application - there are surely many others also interseted...) BUT since there are many other (albeit not all squeaky clean!1) petrol companies to choose from...I'll support them...

does my actiopn hurt SHELL??? certainly not, else they would have stopped the fracking application...

do i need petrol??? yes - my bike can take me only so far!!

When last did you see a whitey in a woolworths....

didnt know they ever employed whites.

Doesnt matter to me...Dont like a companies employment strategy...dont work there are start your own company and never have to deal with that sort of behaviour again.

I have other options besides woolworths.

And yes, i still do my weekly shopping there...

EDIT : but if lance worked at woolworths...i would boycott there steaks.

comming from the W-cape...no I haven't seen a pale face in ages!!

Even more so when i was on holiday in Gauteng...still clearly remember the black mama that pissed me off endlessly with her non-exixsten enthusiasm whilst sorting out my payment issue....

so, yes Woolies does not emp[loy whites.... show me the employment stats and I might think otherwise...I boycott them totally!! but my wife on the other hand....buys shares in the place on a daily basis!!