Karoo to Coast

JGR

Hi, what have you seen, and where did you see it ?

Weather sa only go a week in advance........

use accuweather it gives 15 days forecasts

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not stressing about the technicality, there is always a bit of a bottle neck at the first climb, some guys can be real dickheads there

True that! I started in one of the lower groups last year and even there you always get some douchebag that complains about the slow pace, and saying "you people that ride so slowly, do us a favour and start at the back next year". It does feel good when you overtake him later in the race though :thumbup:

Explain the difference, sorry for my ignorance

Is that not the starting categories (seeding) A, B etc

Yup its for their own internal structures till such time you get seeded, basically a placeholder. If you go seatch by just name you will see there are only category A an B on the system for k2c 2012. where as if it was seeding you would see lists including

A B C D E F G for the 7 start groups.

Lets just hope the rain prediction abides, I really dont feel like 100km mud fest.

hahaha then I have an excuse to use and not just my fitness thats not all there.... :)

Lets just hope the rain prediction abides, I really dont feel like 100km mud fest.

It was 2004 I think that i went through not only a set of pads, but a set of rotors as well.....

It was 2004 I think that i went through not only a set of pads, but a set of rotors as well.....

2004 was my first ever mountain bike race and 3rd ever mountain bike ride, I remember going down Simola using my shoes on the front tyre to slow me down as brake pads were out about 20kms before that. I don't think my bike ever recovered from the shock. Wet on those roads means you carry an extra 15 kgs of fine dust turned into mud.

LBS just phoned... my frame is cracked :unsure: 1 week to go.

that sux!!!

accuweather shows rain in Uniondale and Knysna allthough yr.no shows clear skies