Race for Victory seeding

Zatek

See my comment above. Don't think I have any divine rights at all. My point is, when you are in CL: Ride hard - absolutely. Give 110% - for sure. Use tactics that are dangerous - not cool. As for swearing...dog gone it. I am sorry to have offended.

Your at not forced into oncoming traffic, and riders generally shout out if cars are approaching! Riding in bunches are inherently dangerous, and there will always be riders on the right (traffic), and on the left (potholes). At least they might have a chance to evade a crash in the bunch, unlike the poor buggers riding in the middle of the bunch!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fandacious - read what I said.

Racing properly surely doesn't extend to endangering the lives of other cyclists and seriously pissing off motorists with crazy riding?

no one forced you to cross the white line. put the hammer down, come round the inside left and move up to the front. you can do this without going near the white line.

Fandacious - read what I said. Racing properly surely doesn't extend to endangering the lives of other cyclists and seriously pissing off motorists with crazy riding?

Explain the 'event' with endangering others? Mere guttering is not endangering others. Some, choosing to ride on the wrong side of the white line endagers themselves, and others when they dive back into the bunch when traffic approaches.

It is your own choice to move across the line to gain advantage in the cross winds. Treat the white line like the gutter on the left hand side.

If you are trying for your own PERSONAL time, you should not whee suck at all! :devil:

Treat bunches, cross winds, pot holes, water, mud, whatever the same way a golfer will treat a bunker or tree in a game of golf. Part of the landscape, and to be 'played' around. Not as a source to advance yourself.

Let's flip this argument. For the guys that were at the front, what negative impact would they have had if they had ridden on the left hand side of the road? I understand that they might have had a few of the wheelsuckers blow past them at the finish. (Which is not cool - I agree.) But really, they would not have lost out on prize money or sponsorship or anything.

And furthermore, I consider riding in a bunch as part of the skills required to be a good cyclist. If this gives you a better time, that's part of cycling. Do I consider a ride where I rode solo more worthy than one where I ride in a bunch? No! Actually finding and staying with a decent bunch is a strategy I use every time. Does it make me a cheat? I don't think so. If I don't take the lead does that make me weak? Well, as I argued above, in my opinion that makes the guys at the front silly. They should "force" the wheelsuckers to the front for a period so that they are too tired to have a late surge. I am 100% happy to take the lead and regularly do so. I am very happy if that makes it easier for my fellow cyclists.

Edited by Scooterza

It is your own choice to move across the line to gain advantage in the cross winds. Treat the white line like the gutter on the left hand side.

If you are trying for your own PERSONAL time, you should not whee suck at all! :devil:

Treat bunches, cross winds, pot holes, water, mud, whatever the same way a golfer will treat a bunker or tree in a game of golf. Part of the landscape, and to be 'played' around. Not as a source to advance yourself.

Tend to disagree, with this ... and yeah i am new and all... but all those things are part of achieving a personal best.... unless its an individual time trial :) then of course drafting would be illegal... :) Edited by djsam

Explain the 'event' with endangering others? Mere guttering is not endangering others. Some, choosing to ride on the wrong side of the white line endagers themselves, and others when they dive back into the bunch when traffic approaches.

Which is precisely what happens when the leaders ride on the RHS. I agree nobody is forcing riders to cross the middle line but that's what happens doesn't it?!

Edited by Scooterza

Or just do MTB races and not worry about tactics, oncoming traffic, taking your turn, potholes, bunch crashes. You, your bike, the trail - he who's fastest wins.

Or just do MTB races and not worry about tactics, oncoming traffic, taking your turn, potholes, bunch crashes. You, your bike, the trail - he who's fastest wins.

Yep, when guys get silly as I saw happening yesterday, I tend to agree with you. But I like both!

There are 2 types of riders, those that wheel suck and those that suck wheels! I fall into both categories.

Reminds me of an African saying "Sometimes the crocodile, she catches us, but sometimes we catch the crocodile. But most of the times its the crocodile that catches us"

Which is precisely what happens when the leaders ride on the RHS. I agree nobody is forcing riders to cross the middle line but that's what happens doesn't it?!

So? leave them there!

Start a second eschelon/bunch/group/peloton/whatever on the left, hanging them out to dry in the wind... NOBODY forced you to stay on their wheels!

as for benefit: bragging rights to wife, chick, kids, mates or inner drive to win to the best of own abilities?

Edit: Free will. Ever heard of it? It carries consequences, take heed!

Edited by RoboCyclist

Ahhh - found more about it:

http://www.thehubsa....__fromsearch__1

So from what I can see, the guys at the front of the bunch where basically wannabe TDF team cyclists finishing in just under 4 hours in positions 455 through 473. WOW! So WANNABE pros and actually are P*(&(SES! :cursing:

Says the guy happy to sit at the back and NOT contribute to the workload... The guys up front can ride however they want to bud

Edited by afehrsen

It doesn't matter what group you are in, somebody wants to win.

If i'm up front working, damn straight i will gutter, if i am suffering, you wheel sucker, will also suffer.

(Now being in a chase group, I would do that a bit less, as help is needed to chase the leaders.)

But if I stand a chance of winning GL, I will take it.

It was tough as a MTBer to hang onto the bunch but what got me is that no one responds when you try talk to them to work together. Needed to concentrate but it was fun.

Nobodys forced to do anything, you make your own decisions. if you cross the white line to gain shelter from the wind behind the rider infront of you, thats your choice - safe or not. If you decide to only wheelsuck and wait for others to do the leading, thats also your choice (dont expect to make any friends). If you choose to move up and put some effort in pulling the bunch, its also your choice, and hopefully you are strong enough to shed those content with sucking. ffs make up your own mind, its racing, not sheep farming...

Many times I wanted to pull at the front of the group I was in, I rode away from them :( Guess keeping a steady speed up a hill does not quite mean that!

I find that people tend to take too long pulls at the front as if they are waiting for somebody to come take over. Do your pull, and then move over, FORCING the next person to take the lead!

It was tough as a MTBer to hang onto the bunch but what got me is that no one responds when you try talk to them to work together. Needed to concentrate but it was fun.

Where you on the black Scott Full Suss MTB with a black top on? If so, respect! You were a machine!