Yellow Saddle - Johan Bornman - Rant

Rudi Pollard

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously don't know all the bike mechancis in PE then.

Haha only saw the snipe at Pe mechanics now after the edited post. I am happy with Wayne Pheiffer Cycles

You obviously don't know all the bike mechancis in PE then.

Wayne Ph

Cycle Pro

Action

John-Lee

2nd Breath

Coimbra

Shop across from Methodist Church at bottom of Lovemore Heights

Triangle

Who else we have?

Edited by The_Break

Haha only saw the snipe at Pe mechanics now after the edited post. I am happy with Wayne Pheiffer Cycles

Ja, Wayne is the best I have come across. I have however never seen him use a torque wrench even though he does work on the expensive bikes himself.

By the way, can anyone who has done the course please explain why a chain stretches??????

I haven't done the course (don't even know what course you talking about as I didn't read what was said here)...but I can tell you why it stretches...pick me, pick me ;)

Wayne Ph

Cycle Pro

Action

John-Lee

2nd Breath

Coimbra

Shop across from Methodist Church at bottom of Lovemore Heights

Triangle

Who else we have?

There is another guy who is not on your list(he works from home)

I do all maintenance myself, but use this guy for wheel builds and stuff like BB chasing and Facing.

I can pm you some details if you are interested.

Ja, Wayne is the best I have come across. I have however never seen him use a torque wrench even though he does work on the expensive bikes himself.

He used one the other day when adjusting my tri bike seat...moving forward in Pe

I do all maintenance myself, but use this guy for wheel builds and stuff like BB chasing and Facing.

That guy in Albert road? I used him long time ago. He seems popular because I always have to book like a week in advance or even more just for a service

Just scrolled through 18 pages of drivel to find a reply from JB... to no avail!

Edited by ichnusa

Not too sure what you mean there Octa, but tonight the music seems so loud I wish that we could lose this crowd. Maybe it's better this way. We'd hurt each other with the things we'd want to say... Oh well.

Nighthawk :clap: :w00t: :clap: :lol: ^_^

Na thats cool. I actually moved to Stellenbosch a year ago and do all my own bike building including wheel building etc. I don't trust anyone besides myself to work on my bikes. Used a shop 3 times in the last 7 years. On two occassions they stuffed upped what little they had to do and the 3rd occassion they could not torque it correctly as they never owned a torque wrench so had to redo myself anyway.

Glad Wayne got one. Hope his upstairs mechies use them too. Would recommend him anyday besides the fact he is a nice guy.

Wayne apparently learnt his wheel building from John Webb who was one of the best wheel builders in SA in his day. Wayne bought shop over from Webb when it was still Webb cycles.

Edited by The_Break

Just scrolled through 18 pages of drivel to find a reply from JB... to no avail!

Oom Johan read this thread, shakes his head and takes another sip of his beer :thumbup:

Oom Johan read this thread, shakes his head and takes another sip of his beer :thumbup:

Lucky USADA is not investigating this cause according to their thinking Johan's silence or lack of involvement in defending himself makes him guilty and he would be banned from doing business for life. (Disclaimer: Just taking a dig at USADA).

And all of this because the OP used a chain checker.

And all of this because the OP used a chain checker.

And the OP who is trying to be a CFA wanted to "gooi" the CPA at someone…

Edited by Tumbleweed