Carbon MTB Handlebars

428 others

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I fitted my Ritchey bars I read in the instruction leaflet provided that you should change your carbon products every 3 years - seems a waste since they more than likely cost at least 2x the price of their alu counterparts.

This morning I saw the Ritchey Superlogic Seatpost for almost 2.5k on CWC, who spends this kind of cash?

And yes, if you buying carbon make sure its a branded reputable product, not these fong kong jobs.

I got myself a Ritchey carbon flatbar the other day, didn't use a torque wrench (only my loyal multi tool)

Now it creaks like a madarfarca - I did something wrong :whistling:

I got myself a Ritchey carbon flatbar the other day, didn't use a torque wrench (only my loyal multi tool)

Did you use carbon paste/ assembly paste

Edited by Lukep

Did you use some Carbon grease when installing? To be safe maybe get a bike shop to tighten it to the 5nm. But I think the creak is probably from it being loose or lack of carbon grease.

Truvativ world cup bars, been running them for a while, number of crashes and still going string. Use a torque wrench for working on it.

also keen on doing bars and stem, but also nervous, just falling to much in the technical bits.

But Ritchey is at the top of the list.

G

Did you use carbon paste/ assembly paste

Did you use some Carbon grease when installing? To be safe maybe get a bike shop to tighten it to the 5nm. But I think the creak is probably from it being loose or lack of carbon grease.

No i didn't... :whistling:

get yourself some Tacx Carbon Assembly Paste, apply this to your bar/ stem connection, also your seatpost/ frame connection, creaks gone.

also keen on doing bars and stem, but also nervous, just falling to much in the technical bits.

But Ritchey is at the top of the list.

G

Don't worry....other things will break first...your teeth...head...brakes...

On the topic, I have two handlebars at home...KCNC Bones SC and Truvativ Noir Carbon...I honestly think the carbon is stronger, no jokes. Just because its metal doesn't mean its stronger

Edited by rouxtjie

WTF is carbon grease?

in a nutshell , grease with grit in it .so you dont have to over tighten the carbon to stop it slipping and it wont creak .

Don't worry....other things will break first...your teeth...head...brakes...

On the topic, I have two handlebars at home...KCNC Bones SC and Truvativ Noir Carbon...I honestly think the carbon is stronger, no jokes. Just because its metal doesn't mean its stronger

oooooeeey! Those KCNC Bones jobbies don't inspire my confidence...

get yourself some Tacx Carbon Assembly Paste, apply this to your bar/ stem connection, also your seatpost/ frame connection, creaks gone.

Available at any LBS?