Maltodextrin

Lexx

Does anyone know where i can buy Maltodextrin? I want to try out the Asker Jeukendrups Recipe and see if its as good as everyone say it is.

My Pharmascist just gave me this funny look and said they dont sell it in their Pure Form.

Just be careful, in food process plants, that stuff is treated as highly explosive.

Oh SH@T! Ha ha ha

got mine from Dischem a couple of weeks back (in the sups area). I've tried the Asker Jeukendrups Recipe, however it was a bit strong for me. I've played around with the amounts (not the ratio) and have settled with what works for me:

50g malto

2.5 teaspoons fructose

pinch of salt

750ml water

I've tried this on numerous occasions whilst doing lactate threshold sets and it works well. I will be testing it at this weekend's 12hour race to see how sustainable it is...

got mine from Dischem a couple of weeks back (in the sups area). I've tried the Asker Jeukendrups Recipe, however it was a bit strong for me. I've played around with the amounts (not the ratio) and have settled with what works for me:

50g malto

2.5 teaspoons fructose

pinch of salt

750ml water

I've tried this on numerous occasions whilst doing lactate threshold sets and it works well. I will be testing it at this weekend's 12hour race to see how sustainable it is...

Thanks

Gonna give Dischem in our area a call now to see if they have. Please let me know how the stuff worked on the 12Hour race.

Edited by Lexx

An old hubber used to use this stuff. It was brilliant and was our planned Sani drink. Then 32Gi came out and we stopped mixing our own ride drinks and used 32gi as ride drink and Biogen recovergen as recovery.

That said, the Asker recipe is brilliant! Just didnt taste as nice as commercial products

An old hubber used to use this stuff. It was brilliant and was our planned Sani drink. Then 32Gi came out and we stopped mixing our own ride drinks and used 32gi as ride drink and Biogen recovergen as recovery.

That said, the Asker recipe is brilliant! Just didnt taste as nice as commercial products

MS forever on ST now

so I tested my mix at the 12 enduro this weekend (and for taste I added some sweeto -spelling?). Worked even better than 32GI IMO. At the end of the race my legs where seriously hurting but my energy levels was still good.

Thanks for the Info. Yip, i order my 2kg Maltodextrin from 100percentpure.com. Cant wait to try it out.

• 3 years later...