UCI Road Championships 2012, Linberg, The Netherlands, 15-23 September 2012

'Dale

He seemed to be upset that Martin was to close to the motorbike, not sure if he was gesturing at the motorbike or Martin tho. It was a gentle right curve and Martin overtook the bike on the left i.e. went the long way around as the motorbike was hogging the inside line. Think it was the motorbike that was supposed to be tracking Contodor hence it was infront and waiting for Contodor.

I guess AC was just a bit wound up and letting off steam after being lapped....

hehe

Hahahaha! Knew you'd like that!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More than half the ladies crashed in the start of the race.SA ladies stuck at the back.

What a heap of carbon.

On a narrow section.

Emphatic victory by Marianne Vos!

Velonews

"Dutch superstar Marianne Vos put her five worlds silver medals to bed on the Cauberg Saturday when she stormed away with the women’s elite world road title in Valkenburg, Netherlands.

Rachel Neylan (Australia) was second and Elisa Longo Borghini (Italy) was third.

American Amber Neben was fourth.

Vos countered an attack from Neylan out of a five-rider breakaway low on the final climb of the Cauberg. Vos jumped out to a quick five-second advantage as Neylan and behind her, Longo Borghini, gave chase. Neben tried to draw the three leaders back, but was unable.

Vos ran up the left-hand barriers and carried her advantage over the 1.5km run-in to the finish from the top of the climb. Neylan followed her over the line 10 seconds later for silver.

The Dutchwoman’s home world road title follows a world cyclocross championship in January, the overall Giro Donne title in July and gold in the Olympic road race last month. She is also the 2012 World Cup overall champion.

Vos won a world road title in 2006, at the age of 19, and followed that first-year breakout with five consecutive silver medals. She has won five world elite titles in cyclocross, including four straight since 2009, as well as a pair of world titles on the track.

More than half the ladies crashed in the start of the race.SA ladies stuck at the back.

Lots of DNFs, half the SA team among them. 12th is a good result!

Edited by Christie

Vos's palmares:

Vos won a world road title in 2006, at the age of 19, and followed that first-year breakout with five consecutive silver medals. She has won five world elite titles in cyclocross, including four straight since 2009, as well as a pair of world titles on the track.

Vos's palmares:

Dont forget Gold in the Olympic Road Race!

http://www.london2012.com/mm/Photo/sport/General/01/30/87/71/1308771_M01.jpg

Lots of DNFs, half the SA team among them. 12th is a good result!

Was this due to the crash or was it too long a distance for the the SA ladies that DNF'ed?

I wish these ladies could spend a few WHOLE seasons racing in Europe, not just blocks of action interspersed with local duties - they are at a distinct disadvantage when World's and Olympics roll around.

The SA ladies are good, really good, and need the support to crack the top level of the sport.