Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

I've been following this thread with some keen interest as I too HV a 'weakness' for knives and yesterday pull the 'trigger' on a Spyderco delica 4.
Here my toy collection 

Glock 19
Spyderco delica 4
'Bear Grylls' Gerber
Victorinox multitool
Leatherman wave and wingman
Lansky blade medic

Opinel outdoor and CRKT was borrowed by my brother in law never to be seen again :-)

post-24843-0-19395900-1522395843_thumb.jpg

Edited by canadonis

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays blade. fb175006556f4fb607bb4cfa06638de6.jpg

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Why the cable tie? I have one of those too, my riding knife in fact as it is nice and light and clips nicely into my baggies

Why the cable tie? I have one of those too, my riding knife in fact as it is nice and light and clips nicely into my baggies

Hi the cable tie is there to quickly deploy the blade if I pull the knife out of pocket.

Todays blade. fb175006556f4fb607bb4cfa06638de6.jpg

Nice knife that.Who's it made by?

I've been following this thread with some keen interest as I too HV a 'weakness' for knives and yesterday pull the 'trigger' on a Spyderco delica 4.
Here my toy collection 

Glock 19
Spyderco delica 4
'Bear Grylls' Gerber
Victorinox multitool
Leatherman wave and wingman
Lansky blade medic

Opinel outdoor and CRKT was borrowed by my brother in law never to be seen again :-)

Lekke toys ! Delica is a nice start with Spyderco, beware......it doesn't stop there ! This is my EDC Monday to Friday. PM2 is my heavy duty worker. It's 5 years old and just keeps on going, definately one of my better investments. Weekends is usually much lighter duty and then I carry some of my more special knifes.

post-62204-0-59672700-1522564403_thumb.jpeg

Jip, honey badger. Bought this from Trappers last year. Great working blade at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks guys.

Is that the small or large?

Does it come sharp out the box?

Hi the cable tie is there to quickly deploy the blade if I pull the knife out of pocket.

"Emerson wave" mod. :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

Is that the small or large?

Does it come sharp out the box?

Hi not sure about the size, but not the large. It is relatively sharp from the box, enough to cut yourself.

Lekke toys ! Delica is a nice start with Spyderco, beware......it doesn't stop there ! This is my EDC Monday to Friday. PM2 is my heavy duty worker. It's 5 years old and just keeps on going, definately one of my better investments. Weekends is usually much lighter duty and then I carry some of my more special knifes.

Please reconsider that holster.

That type of holster and it’s variants are responsible for more people shooting themselves than any other.

PM me if you wish to discuss, I don’t want to hijack this thread

Please give me advice, I saw this knive at Trappers, what is your opinion? I have 2 multi tool Leatherman's for work and I'm looking for something light and smallish to put inside my pocket.c1118e1acc54c5274389eeaf463014cf.jpg371247a6b88dc33e279a318a00ccce04.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

When I’m looking at a knife I look for a few things, the steel used, the manufacturer and its history, the design of the locking mechanism (if applicable), the liner and the grip.

On a knife like this (and the price is a good give away), you can disregard the manufacturer and the finer details. So we are left with the steel.

This particular steel is best described as adequate in most departments of hardness, corrosion resistance and edge retention.

It’s not great or even good in any department, but for the money and if you are looking for a knife that you can work and not get attached to it will work.

When I’m looking at a knife I look for a few things, the steel used, the manufacturer and its history, the design of the locking mechanism (if applicable), the liner and the grip.

On a knife like this (and the price is a good give away), you can disregard the manufacturer and the finer details. So we are left with the steel.

This particular steel is best described as adequate in most departments of hardness, corrosion resistance and edge retention.

It’s not great or even good in any department, but for the money and if you are looking for a knife that you can work and not get attached to it will work.

Some good points to take note of what to look for.