Pocket Knives ?

Scooter69

1 minute ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

It is not my favourite style, but I have a tanto EDC and it is useful.
That could work for this knife's reprofiling.

I looked at that as an option, but the curve on the blade did not feel right as a Tanto ... even though the handle profile shouts Tanto.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Hairy said:

I looked at that as an option, but the curve on the blade did not feel right as a Tanto ... even though the handle profile shouts Tanto.

Excuse my crude Paint skillz, thankfully they don't pay the billz......

This is next best IMO. Drop point. The straight line on the top would be broken, so a longer gradual drop would work best but looks pretty cool I think.
That's a nice knife, can keep the knife sheathed on your belt for a proper Sons of Anarchy HD look. 20230207_220951.jpg.b830f707c019de5c04b6cbe469152638.jpg.291f446a04045dfe9d52b11d89fd4a4b.jpg

I need to get my neighbour to start taking pics of the knives and custom engraved leather sheathes he has been making.

Knives for working and not just showing, if I could put it that way.

I think I will be popping in by him and making use of the belt sander to slowly take away from the blade tip and shape her up.

He is also busy with his first spring loaded pocket knife, based on a knife he got from his Grand Father who in turn was a dairy farmer in Germany. The spring loaded blade was to allow them to quickly remove the knife from their pockets, release the blade one handedly whilst controlling the cow with the other and then being able to cut loose the rope holding the cow. ....this if the cow got spooked or frantic during the milking process.

The collection of knives that I have been able to save from my Grand Fathers collection ... I would imagine there were far more knives, and many a knife of better quality too that have passed by me many years ago already.

Red Officers Victorinox

Black Joseph Rodgers 

Both of the above are rotated on a daily basis, and are carried every day.

The two fixed blades need to be restored, with the one with tip being the first project ... spoke to my neighbour who has been making knives, and he said I am welcome to use his workshop to get these back to life again.

The hairline looking crack to the bone handle knife is from me leaving the top of the knife in vinegar for a hour to see how effective this would be to remove rust ... so this is now a hairline depression that I will sand out.

Not the best pics 

image.jpeg.d8db03ca22c5396735e5fde672606dab.jpegimage.jpeg.e9d93c9b759d325d5b7a67613b24deaa.jpeg

• 10 months later...

Not a pocket knife, but going to share in any event.

Steel, not sure ... but meant to be a high end stainless variant.

My eldest will be going to culinary school next year, and my neighbour made this for him as a gift. His logo to be etched in the knife shortly.

WhatsAppImage2023-12-31at14_39.33_507acc8e.jpg.c8cf1491de3191dc02a478914066c670.jpg

WhatsAppImage2023-12-31at14_39.33_8fbd2ea9.jpg.8cd1fa817b98d9dda10ed36aa465ea51.jpg

WhatsAppImage2023-12-31at14_39.34_24755c87.jpg.0fe6a9937218d96722a0dac75be39ff9.jpg

18 hours ago, Hairy said:

My eldest will be going to culinary school next year, and my neighbour made this for him as a gift. His logo to be etched in the knife shortly.

THAT is the kind of neighbour you want to stick with